Endpoint System Administrator
University Code 24242 University Title Information Technology Systems Analyst 2 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Endpoint System Administrator Position Number 557730 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Technology Support Services Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU Technology Services is currently seeking an Endpoint System Administrator which is part of a skilled team which designs and maintains VCU’s central endpoint management architecture and applications; builds configuration packages, policies, and scripts; and provides testing, validation, analysis and reporting for central management of desktop, mobile, and other managed devices.
The Endpoint System Administrator will report to the manager of Endpoint Computing System.
• Initial focus on VCU’s Apple / JAMF implementation.
• Implementation, administration, and configuration of modern system deployment techniques
• Deployment automation architecture, design/migration, and troubleshooting
• Contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of industry best practices and standards for deploying enterprise technologies
• Evaluate emerging technologies to ensure technical solutions are compatible with the company’s business needs and strategic objectives
• Provide technical expertise, guidance, documentation, and strategic recommendations to other IT groups
Investigate, analyze and resolve technical issues and actively pursue mechanisms for preventing, or automating the response to reoccurrences.
• Ensure the deployment of security fixes and policy enforcement using modern techniques and tools' and “Work with vendors to integrate their products into our endpoint management environment”.
• Managing windows server 2012R2 and newer.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience. 3+ years of experience with Windows Desktop and Windows Server OS incident troubleshooting. Microsoft Active Directory experience, Windows Desktop, and Windows Server OS. Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision. Must possess the ability to work alongside an enterprise team of system engineers.
experience managing service operating systems such as Microsoft Windows Server (2012 R2, 2016, 2019).
• Knowledge of the concepts and skills required to manage windows and/or apple in an enterprise environment
• Knowledge of macOS, Windows, and iOS, Operating systems. Scripting experience using the shell environment (i.e. bash), Python, or PowerShell.
• Experience packaging and building custom/automated installers.
• Experience in working with third-party engineering level support (Apple, JAMF, Microsoft, and various security vendors).
• Ability to clearly communicate to both team members, engineers, and the user community. This may include writing RFCs, sending out email communications to management and/or the users, writing How-To documentation.
• Knowledge supporting endpoint hardware from a variety of vendors; proven ability to problem-solve, understand and troubleshoot complex technical issues and recommend technology solutions.
• Knowledge of Mobile Device or Endpoint Management tools such as System Center Configuration Manager, Jamf, Puppet, AirWatch, etc.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Experience managing cloud-based management solutions and tools
• Strong computing, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent customer service and collaboration skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications.
• Excellent organizational skills; attention to details.
• Ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Certifications with Apple, Microsoft or other mobile device management tools such as Jamf, AirWatch, etc.
• Knowledge of software used at VCU (Office, computational software, Adobe applications, etc.).
• CompTIA Security+. certification or equivalent knowledge. Understanding of IT Service Management principles and/or ITIL v4 Framework (preferred)
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $55,000 to $75,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 02/08/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103423 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond