Business Intelligence Analyst
University Code 24231 University Title Business Intelligence Analyst 1 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Business Intelligence Analyst Position Number 591360 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Provost And VP Acad Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
As a member of the Institutional Research & Decision Support team, this position will be responsible for all functions to support delivery of end-user ready information. The position will be involved in requirement gathering from functional areas and data analysts, create and maintain technical documentation, transform operational data into a reporting data warehouse, and create and maintain end-user reports and dashboard.
The work entails the design and creation of scripts related to the extraction, transformation, and load of data for delivery of accurate business intelligence. Data assets include the enterprise data warehouse, departmental data sources, and dashboard data sources.
This position will closely coordinate all efforts with data stewards and data custodians. Throughout the development cycle, this position will provide expertise for ETL process management, outline downstream data dependencies, and assist with data modeling.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information systems or equivalent work experience in database administration, data warehousing, data modeling and integration.
- Experience in designing and implementing data warehouse solutions.
- Proficiency in SQL and/or PL/ SQL required using data modeling/ ETL tools, with preference for SAS technologies, including SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Experience working with stakeholders to gather business and technical requirements.
- Experience in working with Business Intelligence platforms such as the SAS EBI platform developing information delivery solutions utilizing SAS Stored Processes, and SAS Macro technologies.
- Strong understanding of data structures, database design, relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of community leadership and university administration.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so.
- SAS BI Content Developer for SAS 9 Certification
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional from TWDI
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics,
computer science, information systems or equivalent work experience
in database administration, data warehousing, data modeling and
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond