Architecture - Full Time Faculty
Position Title Architecture - Full Time Faculty Position Summary
The Architecture Program in The College of Architecture, Visual Arts, and Design ( CAVAD ) at California Baptist University seeks a highly motivated applicant for a full-time tenure-track faculty of Architecture, with an anticipated start date in August, 2021. The Architecture Program offers a recently accredited M.Arch degree that equips emerging professionals to lead, employ theological considerations in their work, demonstrate empathy and care for others, and discern design solutions with evidence-based perspectives.
The program seeks candidates with university teaching experience and/or critical practice experience. Candidates should be prepared to teach a variety of courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Candidates will be able to successfully demonstrate their ability to teach and carry out a research agenda in the combined areas of Architectural Design and: 1) Structural Integration or 2) Digital Simulation/Media; or 3) Other mission-relevant specialization such as Humanitarian Design, Sacred Space, Urbanism, etc.
1) Hold a terminal M.Arch degree or Ph.D in architecture or related field;
2) Demonstrate university teaching experience including architectural design, and/or critical practice experience;
3) Articulate an existing or developing research/creative practice agenda that will expand or enrich the existing program;
4) Demonstrate a history of service to the profession and/or the broader community;
5) Articulate a faith statement consistent with the mission-driven institution requirements.
CBU is faith-based institution, historically affiliated with the California Southern Baptist tradition. Collaboration between the College disciplines of Graphic Design, Photography, Film, and Fine Art is ongoing, as well as emerging collaboration with the Colleges of Engineering, Business, and Health Sciences. CBU is a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ), and serves a diverse constituency of emerging professionals.
Candidates should be willing to teach in a variety of coursework at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Successful candidates will teach 24 units of coursework during the academic year. Candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service activities that support the mission of the CAVAD and CBU .
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6183 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Unofficial Transcript