Assistant Business Administrator - (STA006931)
Assists the Business Administrator with the day-to-day management of budgetary, financial, personnel and administrative functions for the department of Earth and Atmopsheric Sciences.
- Provides financial accountability and ensures compliance with State and university guidelines by functioning as certifying signature authority as needed.
- Manages the monthly reconciliation of accounts and generates monthly financial and budget reports for the department.
- Approve vouchers, journals, TR and travel expenses.
- Creates budget journals for transferring funds, budget fund balance and fund journals for fund equity.
- Administers personnel and payroll activities to include reconciliation of payroll records and salary reallocation process.
- Assists department staff with personnel issues and maintains personnel files.
- Participates in the development of the annual budgets.
- Trains and provides guidance to departmental staff regarding the use of university forms and the application of university and college policies and procedures.
- Supervises support staff and student workers as assigned.
- Develops and maintains informational databases for the department.
- Represents the department on behalf of the Business Administrator as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Preferred Qualificiations
The ideal candidate for this position should possess:
- Minimum of 3 years directly related university financial experience.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing tasks with strict deadlines.
- PeopleSoft Finance experience.
- Working knowledge of state, university and sponsored project procurement rules.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent Excel skills, including analyzing and presenting data
and creating pivot tables.
Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of education and education in lieu of experience.