Education Faculty Position
Aurora University seeks talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester. Student advising is supported by professional staff. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Experience teaching at a smaller, private institution is highly preferred.
The School of Education at Aurora University is currently seeking applicants for a Senior Lecturer/Lecturer position in ESL/Bilingual. The start date for the position is August 16, 2021.
Education: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in ESL/Bilingual
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in the leadership and delivery of the ESL/Bilingual endorsement within the School of Education. This includes undergraduate and graduate endorsement courses. The successful candidate will work well in a highly collaborative environment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A Doctoral degree is required.
- Evidence of prior teaching and instructional excellence in ESL/Bilingual Education.
- A current professional educator license within ESL/Bilingual endorsement
- Understanding of historical and current trends, challenges, legislation, and legal dimensions in bilingual and ESL education
- Excellent teaching experience in a K-12 school environment is required, teaching in higher education is preferred
- Understanding and use of culturally and linguistically responsive instruction
- Knowledge of SIOP model, WIDA standards, ACCESS testing, and ESL/BE teaching models
- Commitment to mentoring students
- Effective oral and written communication skills
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora