Office and Disability Support Specialist
Posting Number AS183P Position Title Office and Disability Support Specialist Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Incumbent is responsible for providing technical and office support for the Student Success Center.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
Associates Degree plus 5 years of experience working with Access and database management. Minimum of 5 years work experience utilizing computers to record and track extensive information and generate reports from collected data.
Experience working in a community college setting.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software programs
• Proficient in creating/ maintaining databases
• Ability to reconcile and track multiple budgets
• Provide direction and support to students using computers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, strong organization skills and must have good attention to detail.
• Strong Interpersonal skills and positive human relations.
Experience with working a diverse student population
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Experience with Maxient
• Assist Disability Services in providing support needed in arranging for academic accommodations, tracking students and generating reports
• Provide office support to the Student Success Center
• Create and deliver accommodation letters.
• Generate budget and statistical reports for the Student Success Center
• Instruct students/ staff on the use of assistive technology.
• Serve as a scribe, reader, or note taker as needed for individuals with disabilities.
• Schedule Interpreter services for classroom or campus activity.
• Order/create alternate format books or assignments for students.
• Research assistive technology and instructional software and make recommendations as needed.
• Create/update student files.
• Direct student workers/part time personnel
Frequent walking and standing.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range $34,853 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $43,566 Posting Open Date 02/10/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2388 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City