Assistant Director of the Center for Education Abroad
Assistant Director of the Center for Education Abroad & Away (CEAA) (AA21124)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Global Education
Unit: Center for Education Abroad and Away211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on December 29, 2020 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,785
Salary Maximum: $75,840
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The Assistant Director of the Center for Education Abroad & Away (CEAA) supports the overall operations of the CEAA office and the Strategic Plan for Global Education through an integration of student advising, program development & support, communication(s) across the University community, relationship cultivation & maintenance with third party providers, contract(s) maintenance & support, program marketing & web presence, interpretation of policies/procedures/processes throughout the University and MinnState, including Federal policies & regulations. The position also is responsible for annual CEAA program(s) assessment.
- Master’s Degree in International Education or a related field plus a minimum of two year’s professional experience in education abroad & away programming within higher education OR minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in International Education plus three year’s direct professional experience in educational abroad & away programming in a higher education setting (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated experience with academic or program advising in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience with international programs and partnerships maintenance.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and access.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working within complex organizations and knowledge their practices & procedures.
- Experience with ISRS, TerraDotta, and uAchieve.
- Experience with international travel, including living/studying abroad.
- Demonstrated experience with intercultural and communications including oral and written.
- Experience working within the MinnState System for one year or more.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Assistant Director of the Center for Education Abroad & Away (CEAA) supports the overall operations of the CEAA office and the Strategic Plan for Global Education through an integration of student advising, program development & support, communication(s) across the University community, relationship cultivation & maintenance with third party providers, contract(s) maintenance & support, program marketing & web presence, interpretation of policies/procedures/processes throughout the University and MinnState, including Federal policies & regulations. The position also is responsible for annual CEAA program(s) assessment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Assistant Director for International Student Exchange Advising
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M068M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 12/08/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1706
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.