SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
Posting Number: SRGV4885
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
To prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders in all ages.
Description of Duties:
• Evaluates, diagnoses and treats speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders.
• Assesses patient needs and adjusts treatments in accordance with patient’s progression.
• Provides aural rehabilitation for persons with hearing disorders or hard of hearing.
• Conducts swallowing studies at the direction of the Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) faculty or providers. This may include offering different food and liquid consistency.
• Develops treatment plans after appropriate diagnostic testing to assist with speech problems, swallowing disorders or harsh voice problems.
• Supports treatment plans and initiates other referrals as needed.
• Utilizes input recommendations from social workers, physicians, psychologists and others as needed.
• Supervises clinical experiences for residents, medical students, and other learners.
• Participates in clinical research as approved. Completes Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) training as required.
• Documents patient information and diagnostic results with detailed reports and complete all patient reports per policy and procedures within the electronic medical record system.
• Understand billing, evaluations, progress, treatment and discharge of clients and complete all billing timely.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology or Communication Disorders from an accredited university.
Speech Language Pathology License issued by the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-language Pathology and Audiology. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Pathology from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
Two (2) years of experience diagnosing speech and language pathology disorders and developing treatment plans for speech and language pathology.
Use of standard office equipment. Speech and language pathology testing tools, Electronic Medical Record Swallowing study assessments, and food/liquid consistencies.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Clinic Environment; some travel and weekend work may be required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Ability to work within an interprofessional team. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to diagnose speech/language disorders and make recommendations.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/01/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27364