Assistant Director of Continuing Education - Hourly
Assistant Director for Continuing Education - Hourly
Postgraduate Programs, Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
The Assistant Director for Continuing Education (ADCE) oversees all that is involved in offering Continuing Education events. The Assistant Director negotiates all stages of educational events, including initiation and planning, advertisement, registration, event management, and post-event responsibilities. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining and expanding the Postgraduate Programs' status as an approved APA and NYS Continuing Education sponsor.
Title Position Reports To: Amira Simha-Alpern, PhD ABPP, Director, Postgraduate Programs
This position requires 10 - 15 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Work with Postgraduate faculty and/or candidates on initiating educational events e.g., brainstorming about appropriate topics and presenters.
- Assign ad hoc “planning committees” for events when appropriate.
- Support selection of appropriate speaker/s.
- Negotiate Speaking Engagement Agreements in collaboration with Adelphi's Contract Management Office .
- Work with planning committee and speakers to determine schedule and modality or location.
- Coordinate all that is involved in running the event (e.g., for an in-person event: rent a hall, arrange for AV equipment, order food, order speaker/s books for onsite sale, etc.).
- Initiate and manage advertising events to target audiences.
- Oversee all that is involved during an event: Technical equipment and/or functioning, participants' sign in/out, when applicable food and book sales.
- Oversee CE Certificates for event participants (e.g., collect speaker/s CV's, event objectives, attendance sheets, event evaluations, & sending out CE certificates).
- Oversee application for APA and NYS Continuing Education sponsorship.
- An advanced degree in a mental health field.
- Excellent technical and document design skills.
- Mastery of software such as Microsoft Publisher and Constant Contact; as well as navigating social media (e.g., Facebook and Instagram)
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work with people.
- Excellent ability to multitask and coordinate multiple aspects of events.
- Administrative assistant.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2484