Job No: 495260
Work Type: Research Fellows
Department: Katz School
Location: Beren Campus, 245 Lexington Avenue, NY, NY
The Katz School of Science and Health at Yeshiva University in New York City seeks a highly motivated post-doctoral scientist who wishes to pursue innovative research and development related to Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications two areas:
- Cybersecurity: AI-based self-defensive systems in distributed computing system, Deep Learning-based analysis on network/host intrusion detection and malware detection, AI-based IoT security/privacy.
- Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Digital Health, or Public Health: For example, AI driven by Deep Learning research in biological or medical imaging, drug discovery, infectious diseases, and AI-based medical devices or IoT health devices.
Under the supervision of Prof. Wonjun Lee, responsibilities include designing and developing applications in the areas outlined above including applications to IoT. Additionally, the candidate will publish research papers, pursue grant funding, and supervise graduate student research. The incumbent will also be required to teach two courses.
The initial appointment will be for one year with the option to renew for the second year based upon the candidate’s performance.
Experience & Educational Background:
- PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field with experience in deep learning, data analytics, microservices, container-based cloud computing, and IoT
- Experience in one of applications identified above and ability to learn more about a second
- Ability to manage and initiate research project, excellent oral and written communication skills for academic publications, and a demonstrable ability to learn new ideas
- Experience with grants is a plus
Skills & Competencies:
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/876/cw/en-us/job/495260/postdoctoral-scientist
The Katz School of Science and Health, located in the heart of New York City, is a group of research scientists, tech builders and patient-centered clinicians working on problems that matter. We concentrate our energy on five sectors that are redefining the economy: Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Biotech and Health, Digital Media, and Fintech. In the lab, classroom and clinic, we lead with kindness, integrity, generosity and a commitment to leaving the world a smarter, safer, and healthier place.
Yeshiva University is a US News and World Report Top 100 university. Forbes ranks Yeshiva University as a Top 100 university in the United States, Top 50 in the Northeast, and 56th among research universities nationwide.
We take an interdisciplinary approach to research and education, fostering the creativity, collaborative thinking and builder mindset required to take on today’s toughest problems. Courses are taught by exceptional researchers, clinicians and practitioners. Students learn by doing—working shoulder-to-shoulder with faculty to build technologies, conduct research, experiment in the lab and work with patients in the clinic. They graduate ready for great jobs and impactful careers. Learn about our programs.
Katz faculty, students and alumni are change-makers and entrepreneurs who bring science, technology and health innovations to market. They are advancing scholarly knowledge and transforming lives through pioneering research, citywide initiatives, new technologies, innovative clinical diagnostics and protocols, and more. Read about projects happening at Katz.
We are a close-knit community with a big network, nestled in the heart of a big city. We are global in reach, with faculty and students from across the United States and around the world—and also deeply embedded in New York City’s rich professional and social milieu. With a vibrant campus life and city at our fingertips, the Katz School is the place where bold, purpose-driven people come to create, connect and explore.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.