Full-time Temporary Mechatronics Technology Instructor
Are you passionate about industrial automation and teaching a new generation of mechatronics technicians? Can you create and maintain a welcoming and supportive environment with students of diverse multicultural, socioeconomic and academic backgrounds? Are you eager to work collaboratively to find innovative ways to improve student success? Are you interested in building relationship with industry and community partners? If these questions resonate with you, then we invite you to consider joining our Mechatronics Technology team. We value collaboration and are dedicated to guiding students towards the achievement of their academic and career goals.
Clark College is seeking a professional with expertise in the mechatronics industry to join our team as an instructor. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time, temporary, Mechatronics Technology Instructor, whose primary teaching duties would include providing engaging presentations, dynamic lab equipment demonstrations, guiding students to hands-on experience with industrial automation, and helping to build student confidence and life-long learning habits. This position will also serve as a liaison to industry, community partners, and may provide instruction to specific Mechatronics student cohorts. Department and college service work is expected with the position (as assigned by the division or college) to support the institutional mission and goals, foremost being diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success and retention. The successful candidate will join a cohesive team of instructors to fulfill the needs of a growing department. The expected start date is February 2021. This full-time, temporary position is for the 2020/2021 academic year with the potential for a renewed contract.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity and inclusion. We have not always gotten it right, but are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees. Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Darcy Rourk, Interim Vice President of Human Resources, 360-992-2119, email@example.com, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 012, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
- Instruct classes in basic DC & AC electricity, electrical power distribution & wiring, 3-phase motors control systems, fluid power systems, mechanical drive systems, DC power systems, test and measurement instrumentation systems, programmable logical controller interfacing and programming and industrial robotic systems. .
- Instruct all classes as an expert in the discipline using active learning approaches that both engage and facilitate student learning.
- Advise and assist students in their educational and career development.
- Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
- Pursue professional development that strives to stay current in the field.
- Obtain and maintain Professional-Technical Certification requirements.
- Participate in program, curriculum development and assessment activities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, advisory committees, and other educational partners to create unique learning opportunities at Clark College.
- Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
- Work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Understand and commit to the mission of Clark College.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or closely related field and five years of industry related experience OR ten years of industry related experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in at least one of the four key areas listed below:
- Industrial Three-Phase Electric Motor Control Systems Installation, Troubleshooting, and Repair
- Mechanical Power Transmission Systems Installation, Troubleshooting, and Repair
- Fluid (Hydraulic & Pneumatics) Power Systems Installation, Troubleshooting, and Repair
- Robotic Control Systems Interfacing, Installation, Troubleshooting, and Repair
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Vancouver
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Vancouver
- Other Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Vancouver
- Vocational & Technical Fields Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Vancouver