Assistant Professor of Nursing (Two Positions)
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Two Positions)
Contract Terms: Full-time 9-month, Tenure-track
Start Date: August 2, 2021
Application Deadline: March 8, 2021
About Arkansas Tech
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a comprehensive public higher education institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.
The College of Natural and Health Sciences invites applications for a full-time, nine-month tenure-track Assistant Professor of Nursing for a classroom and clinical undergraduate teaching position; and for a full-time, nine-month tenure-track Simulation Coordinator/Assistant Professor of Nursing for a classroom and clinical undergraduate teaching position. The Department of Nursing consists of 20 full-time faculty with seven clinical adjunct instructors, and three staff. The Department of Nursing offers ACEN accredited BSN, online RN to BSN and MSN in Nursing Administration and Emergency Management programs. Details about the ATU Nursing Program can be found at http://www.atu.edu/nursing. Arkansas Tech also offers an attractive benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance and participation in TIAA-CREF retirement plans. The start date for both positions is August 2, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, teach, and assess undergraduate (and graduate when appropriate) courses.
- Engage students in high-impact learning practices.
- Effectively advise/mentor students at the undergraduate (and graduate when appropriate) level.
- Develop a sustainable scholarship program including seeking external funds to support the program.
- Provide impactful departmental, college, university, and professional service to the university, community and state.
Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Simulation Coordinator:
- Responsible for day-to-day operation and service of the simulation lab and equipment.
- Cooperatively work with faculty and staff to carry out the instructional plan of the program.
- MSN, MNSc, or MS in Nursing
- Ph.D., DNP or EdD (or ABD with expected completion by Dec. 31st, 2021) in nursing or a related field
- Hold an Arkansas nursing license (or eligible to obtain one)
- Position requires experience in a U.S. medical center in medical-surgical nursing
Additional Required Qualifications for Simulation Coordinator:
- 3 years Simulation Coordinator experience
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator or equivalent.
- Evidence of or potential for fostering an inclusive environment for diverse populations.
- Minimum of 1-year academic teaching at the university level in classroom or clinical.
- Evidence of commitment to continuous improvement in teaching.
- Strong medical/surgical clinical experience.
What to Submit
Applicants should submit a letter of application that addresses the qualifications listed above and includes teaching philosophy, description of research interests and goals that involve undergraduates, curriculum vita, unofficial copies of transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
To be considered for the Assistant Professor of Nursing positions, all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date on March 8, 2021 before 6:00 pm central time.
Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply now.
These positions are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.