Program Director, Initiative for Parish Renewal
Working closely with the executive director of the Latin@ Leadership Initiative and vice president of Mission and Ministry, the program director for Initiative for Parish Renewal / Iniciativa Parroquial de Renovación (Renovación) promotes Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by equipping pastoral leadership teams to transform Latin@ serving parishes into thriving missionary communities, together with their congregations, in service to the world through theological education and innovative ministerial practices.
The program director will implement the Initiative for Parish Renewal / Iniciativa Parroquial de Renovación (Renovación) by forming relationships with parish and diocesan partners, teaching modules for the Latin@ Ministry Certificate, creating a dynamic communications plan, and managing the day-to-day activities and budget. S/he must have demonstrated success in working in the Latino/Hispanic Catholic Church, and the ability to connect with all members of a parish community. S/he should have an entrepreneurial approach to ministry, creativity, and a drive for results. The program director will also be eligible for a faculty appointment in the Department of Theology/Philosophy.
The Initiative for Parish Renewal / Iniciativa Parroquial de Renovación (Renovación) is funded through the Lilly Endowment, Inc. Thriving Congregations initiative through 2025. The program director will work with the Office of Advancement to create a sustainability plan to continue the program beyond that date.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of Renovación including communications, curriculum development, and budget management.
- Cultivate partnerships with at least eighteen parishes to participate in the Renovación program.
- Develop the Renovación ministry certificate program with the theology department, and deliver a minimum of 1/3 of the modules.
- Develop the parish retreat curriculum, and collaborate with the parish leadership teams for its successful implementation.
- Develop small comunidad curriculum, and collaborate with the parish leadership teams for its successful implementation.
- Organize curriculum advisory committee in collaboration with the chair of the department of theology.
- Organize, communicate, plan, and implement the fiesta of faith at Marian University.
- Draft reports according to the requirements of Lilly Endowment, Inc., and participate in all Lilly Endowment activities provided for participating institutions.
Additional Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Actively contribute to the aims of the Latin@ Leadership Initiative and Mission and Ministry, and participates in relevant staff meetings.
- Support Latin@ Leadership Initiative programs, especially those focused on engaging Catholic schools and parishes.
- Support the San Damiano Scholars Program and Missionary Disciples Institute in their effort to enroll and retain Latin@ students.
- Design and implement social media campaigns for the Renovación in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Maintain comprehensive records.
- Active member of the Marian University community as demonstrated through presence at non-required events, participation in Mass, and work on institutional committees.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in ministry or theology; DMin or PhD preferred
- Strong bilingual communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated success in Latino ministry
- Ability to work effectively with members, lay and ordained, of all levels of the Roman Catholic Church
- Ability to establish goals, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of the cultures of U.S. Latin@s and related organizations
- Record of involvement in and collaboration with Latin@ serving ministries
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work within multi-faceted, cross-departmental programs and projects and an interest in working in a rapidly changing work environment
- Extensive travel, nights, and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, a cover letter, and names and contact information of three current references. Only complete applicant packets will be considered.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Religious Affairs & Ministry Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis