Graduate Faculty - Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree Program with Nurse Anesthesia Track
Marian University seeks a highly motivated, energetic, doctoral program enrolled or doctoral-prepared Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Graduate Faculty to assist in developing and teaching assigned courses in the Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) graduate program. Additionally, this faculty member will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by advising/mentoring program students, serving as a primary advisor on DNP scholarly projects, and working collaboratively with the graduate nursing faculty/Marian University faculty and staff. Candidates who do not currently possess a doctoral degree but are experientially qualified and enrolled in a doctoral program with an expected degree completion within 12-18 months of application may be considered for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Designs and delivers course material based on the graduate philosophy, course description, course outcomes, and program outcomes.
- Translates learning material to online, hybrid, and synchronized classes.
- Evaluates student work and clinical performance based on outcome rubrics/clinical evaluations.
- Monitors and evaluates student e-portfolios.
- Advises/Mentors assigned program students.
- Serves as an advisor for students DNP Scholarly Projects.
- Engages in clinical practice to maintain professional skills and serve as a model/resource for faculty and students.
- Participates in student recruitment, student selection, and public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field from an accredited institution strongly preferred (PhD, DNP, DNAP)
- Candidates with experiential qualification and current enrollment in a doctoral program or current enrollment in program with expected completion within 12-18 months of application may be considered.
- Current CRNA certification
- Evidence of current clinical practice
- Current member of AANA and current RN/APRN licensure in state of residence
- Eligibility for IN RN license
- Previous experience in higher learning education preferred
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Competency in MS Office products
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current CV, a letter of application, and three (3) letters of recommendation.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis