Marian University seeks qualified candidates for the position of staff accountant. As a member of the Finance and Business Operations team, this position will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by assisting the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting and Director of Budgeting, Financial Analysis and Treasury Management for general accounting for the Marian University. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing routine credit card transactions, general journal entries, as well as bank and investment general ledger account reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in all areas of service.
- Daily review and reconciliation of Development cash receipting and monthly entry of transactions to financial software including adjustments and updates.
- Daily reconciliation of cash accounts to bank activity and the general ledger
- Reconciling all accounts receivable and student loan reconciliation accounts
- Generating and recording invoicing for miscellaneous receivables
- Reconciling loans to federal cash and COD recons for federal loans
- Reconciling state grants with State of Indiana reporting
- Completing Annual Business Entity filing
- A/R posting and daily adjustment review
- Monthly general ledger transactions and reconciliations of all investment accounts
- Weekly investment reporting to Sr. VP of Finance and Operations
- Generating all information on investment balances and earnings required monthly for endowment fund reporting and annually for audit footnotes
- Staffing the Investment Committee meetings
- Preparing and entering routine general journal entries on a monthly and periodic basis, including student billing transactions, accounts payable accruals, standard recurring entries, campus operations allocations, postage allocations.
- Reviewing and entering monthly employee credit card entries to general ledger
- Assisting with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing process
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and on-going analysis of balance sheet activity
- Assist with monthly publication of departmental financial statements and variance reporting provided to President, Provost, Senior Vice-President of Finance and Business Operations and Controller
- Assist with administration of internal financial reporting system
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting from four-year college or university and 2 to 4 years general accounting experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal requirements, grant applications, college policies and procedures, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to be bonded.
- Must have experience with accounting software products, Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics preferred. Must have proficiency in spreadsheet preparation and use. Microsoft Office product experience preferred.
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian served more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Marian University offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: Resume, cover letter and names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets will be considered.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis