Associate Professor or Professor of Physiology
Marian University welcomes applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Associate or Full Professor of Physiology. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs within the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- The successful applicant will provide renal and pulmonary physiology instruction primarily to medical students in the DO program.
- This individual will work with other biomedical faculty and clinicians in the planning and delivery of physiology content in a multi-discipline, systems-based medical curriculum.
- Other responsibilities include service to the COM, University and professional organizations (e.g., committees, mentoring students, reviewing scientific articles and grants), and scholarly activities that result in publications and securing external funding for research.
- The applicant must hold a terminal degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in Physiology or closely related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience after receiving their terminal degree, preferably at a DO or MD medical school.
- Teaching experience must include renal and pulmonary physiology.
- A proven record of scholarly activity (e.g., publications, grants) consistent with the rank of Associate or Full Professor is required for this position.
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of scholarly work.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis