Assistant Professor of Marketing
The Byrum School of Business at Marian University in Indianapolis invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Marketing position, to start in Fall 2021. This is a renewable, 10-month, non-tenure-track position. Exceptional candidates are sought in all areas of marketing, with a preference for those that complement existing departmental strengths. Preference will be given to candidates who offer skills in digital marketing, marketing analytics, and associated creative content design software and tools. This faculty member will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by showing a strong commitment to excellent and innovative undergraduate teaching in marketing. University teaching experience and industry experience in marketing is desired.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings in many areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services
- Teach a variety of courses within the marketing curriculum with a focus on digital marketing and design, marketing technology, and analytics.
- Engage undergraduate students in experiential projects, competitions, and with marketing professionals.
- Actively participate in curriculum development and assessment within the department.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings and university service.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Exhibit leadership potential, promote academic excellence, and actively participate in the life of the campus.
- Teach 24 credits per academic year.
- A master’s degree in marketing or an MBA with a marketing focus is required. Preference will be given to candidates who have college-level teaching experience and significant experience in business or industry.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction and a commitment to project-based learning.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues and students of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with or potential for ongoing activity with professional marketing associations and with marketing professionals in the local business community.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin January 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of work that demonstrates expertise in marketing.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Marketing & Sales Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis