Dean of Career & Professional Development /Title V Project Director
Position: Dean of Career & Professional Development /Title V Project Director
(Grant Funded Position)
Guided Pathways (GP) 's full implementation is a strategic focus for the SUNY system and all its affiliated institutions, including Rockland Community College (RCC). This Title V project entitled, Real World Ready! main objective is to address the gaps in our current curriculum and career pathways.
Under the Division of Academic Affairs led by the Provost and Executive Vice President (P/EVP), the Dean of Career and Professional Development/Title V Director will report to the P/EVP through the Associate Provost of Academic Innovation, Online Education, and Global Opportunities.
The Dean of Career and Professional Development/Title V Director provides daily oversight and direction for the management of all project components and ensures effective and consistent implementation of all project services. The Dean will supervise other staff located within the OCPD, including the outreach coordinators, career placement coordinators, and the Title V activity coordinator.
- To grow and expand the current industry partnerships and employer engagement effort for our institution and our students.
- To strategically cultivate and strengthen communication with and between employers, students, and alumni for internships, apprenticeships, and full-time opportunities.
- Perform external outreach to national and local organizations, enrich existing relationships and develop new partnerships for potential employment and networking opportunities (phone calls, employer visits, etc.)
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders (faculty, employers, and students) to design and execute comprehensive curricula, ensuring that our students are employer-ready in the competitive global recruiting environment.
- Serve as an advocate for students and Career Services in general.
- Conduct data tracking, assessment, and evaluation initiatives.
- Keep current on trends, research, and developments related to the workforce and career skills training.
- Perform other job-related duties as as
Maintain Compliance with Grant Requirements:
- Hires and supervises OCPD staff, manages oversight and adheres to all regulations
- Leads success and retention strategies related to the targeted population
- Oversees and monitors all activities in support of achieving project goals
- Collaborates with other areas in developing and delivering Title V services
- Serves on the Title V Steering Committee; attends any mandatory Title V Conference
- Incorporates improvements based on project data and evaluation
- Monitors all grant expenditures in compliance with federal and College policies
- With RCC's IRE, establishes and supervises data collection and reporting
- Prepares monthly reports and communicates progress across the College
- Oversees preparation of reports; coordinates evaluation process with ext. evaluator
Minimum of 5 years full time experience in Higher Education for Master’s level, or at least three years of experience working directly with overseeing and administering Workforce Development/ Career/Technical programs, including overseeing and managing Federal Perkins funds and industry certifications at the secondary or post-secondary level required. 2 Years for Doctorate level and experience with developing career pathways for College or dual enrolled students preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work constructively with colleagues, external partners, and collaborators; experience working and collaborating with senior managers and/or academic colleagues. Must possess working knowledge and skills related to personal computer competencies and mainframe computers for academic and student programs.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred experience working with programs focused on increasing student success and retention for Hispanic, low-income, or FGCS Bi-lingual Spanish. Demonstrated experience establishing career service and planning opportunities focused on apprenticeships, internships, and full-time placements.
Starting Salary: $90, 000 - $111, 000
Application Deadline: Search will remain open until candidate is selected
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate. Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicants or educational institutions are not acceptable.
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.