Director of Advancement Communications
The Director of Advancement Communications leads the Division of University Advancement's communications program that targets alumni, donors and key stakeholders to generate support for UNC Greensboro’s strategic priorities in preparation for and in ongoing support of a comprehensive fundraising campaign. The Director will create and implement a sophisticated multimedia communications plan to elevate donor engagement, and market our annual fund, major gifts, and planned giving efforts. This position will act as the internal coordinator for all Advancement communication (including media relations) and marketing and serve as the chief liaison to the central UNCG University Communications team. As a member of the Internal Campaign Cabinet Leadership team, the Director serves as an integral leader in the Division. This position cultivates and stewards relationships with key stakeholders to inspire a culture of creativity, collaboration, and innovation as part of a broader, synchronized, multi-disciplinary team of communications and advancement professionals.
The Division of University Advancement builds and nurtures
relationships with loyalty and integrity to promote UNCG’s mission,
foster communication, and secure philanthropic support.
We are responsible for:
• Building pride and tradition among alumni, faculty, staff, students, families, and community members
• Developing lifelong relationships
• Building advocacy
• Branding and awareness
• Securing private and public financial support
Our division includes: Advancement Communications, Advancement Operations, Alumni Engagement, Development, Annual Giving, Donor and Board Relations, Event Planning, Gift Planning, Prospect Management & Research, and the Vice Chancellor’s office.
Our mission is to inspire connections, investments, and engagements that drive excellence and opportunity.
Our vision is a University that illuminates potential, eliminates barriers, and ignites achievement.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 10 years communications experience.
- Evidence of successful communications positions of increasing responsibility required.
- Significant experience working in communications role(s) that support advancement, development, campaign and/or alumni activities required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently with internal/external constituencies and with professionals of varied disciplines to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing across multiple communications and marketing channels and media; highly developed skills in communications writing and editing.
- Evidence of high energy leadership style with a track record for leading both strategic and tactical communications efforts.
- Self-starter, able to collaborate across the University Advancement division and campus enterprise, experience creating, developing, and implementing new initiatives.
- Must be detail oriented, metrics driven, and results oriented with demonstrated analytical skills.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Marketing & Sales Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Communications Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Digital Media Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greensboro