Nursing, AD Instructor - Unlimited, Full-Time
Hibbing Community College is seeking to fill an unlimited full-time Nursing Instructor position who is committed to excellence in teaching and learning. Nurse educators prepare students for their future role as professional caregivers.
Position duties include but are not limited to:
Implementation and teaching of nursing concepts across the first and second year nursing curriculum in the classroom, skills lab, and clinical settings (clinical hours may be at non-traditional times and days). In addition, nursing faculty engage in student advisement, student and course evaluation, college committee assignments, and community service as part of their overall work assignment.
Start Date: August 16, 2021
- Master's degree with a major in nursing, nursing administration, nursing education, public health nursing or a nursing clinical specialty.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- All new faculty must complete the teaching and learning requirement during their probation period.
See requirements here: Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- Current unencumbered Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- College teaching experience, preferably at a community college.
- Recent clinical practice experience (Med/Surg preferred).
- Experience working with a diverse learner population.
- Excellent communication skills, skilled at conveying knowledge.
Application Procedure: Applicants must apply online using Hibbing Community College’s People Admin online application: https://nhed.peopleadmin.com/postings/1515
Please upload the following information with your People Admin application:
- A letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position
- A current resume
- A list of three professional references with current contact information
- Unofficial copies of academic transcripts and licenses (official will be required at time of hire)
Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2021