Clinical Assistant Professors (Master of Health Administration/Master of Health Informatics)
Clinical Assistant Professors (MHA/MHI)
School of Health Sciences
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Position Summary: The School of Health Sciences in the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) at Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIU Carbondale) is seeking qualified applicants for one or more non-tenure-track Clinical Assistant Professor positions within the School of Health Sciences Master of Health Administration (MHA) and/or Master of Health Informatics (MHI) programs, beginning on or after August 16, 2021. The intent of this announcement is to identify a pool of non-tenure-track faculty for these programs. These are variable-time, term positions that are contingent on available funding. Reappointment is possible based on performance, programmatic need and budget availability.
Minimum Qualifications: At time of application, applicants must hold:
- Doctorate in Health Services Administration/Management or in Health Care Administration/Management; OR
- Doctorate in Health Information Technology/Management or in Health Informatics; OR
- Doctorate in Business Administration/Management with Health Care Management/Administration and/or Health Informatics and/or Health Information Management/Technology emphasis; OR
- Masters in Health Administration and/or Health Informatics and/or Health Information Technology and/or Masters in Business Administration and/or Masters in Public Health each with a Doctorate in a related field.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience teaching health care administration/informatics courses at the graduate level with topics that include but are not limited to statistics, operations management in healthcare, healthcare economics, healthcare finance, healthcare operations, health information systems, health informatics and project management, and strategic planning in healthcare, as they all specifically relate to the U.S. healthcare industry. Knowledge of virtual reality learning as applicable to the health care industry is also preferred.
- To carry a variable-time teaching load.
- To provide direct classroom instruction.
- To assist with student recruitment and retention activities.
- To participate in and complete course assessment activities for the Master of Health Administration and/or Master of Health Informatics programs.
- Teaching in multiple delivery formats including face-to-face on-campus lecture (day and/or evening), and/or online (traditional and/or accelerated), and/or on campus traditional or accelerated formats is expected.
- To engage in other duties as assigned by the Director of the School of Health Sciences.
Contact: Richard McKinnies
Security/Safety Sensitive: N/A
Deadline to Apply: April 1, 2021 or until filled.
Please use the following link to apply https://jobs.siu.edu/job-details?jobid=11516
SIU Carbondale is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale