Assistant Lecturer/Clinical Assistant Professor (Health Care Management)
Assistant Lecturer/Clinical Assistant Professor (HCM)
School of Health Sciences
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Position Summary: The School of Health Sciences in the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) at Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIU Carbondale) is seeking qualified applicants for one or more Assistant Lecturer/Clinical Assistant Professor positions within the School of Health Sciences Health Care Management baccalaureate program. Position(s) begin on or after August 16, 2021. The intent of this announcement is to identify a pool of non-tenure-track faculty for this program. These are variable-time, term, non-tenure-track position that is contingent on available funding. Reappointment is possible based on performance, programmatic need and budget availability.
Minimum Qualifications: At time of application, applicants must hold:
- Master's degree in Health Services Administration (MHSA) or Master's in Health Administration (MHA) or
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Public Health (MPH) with a specialization in Health Care Management/Administration and/or Healthcare Informatics or
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Public Administration (MPA) or Public Health (MPH) if accompanied by two years' experience as a manager or supervisor in a U.S. healthcare organization.
Preferred Qualifications: For individuals holding a doctoral degree, the appointment will be at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor. Experience teaching health care management courses at the undergraduate level. Topics include but are not limited to healthcare informatics/information management, management of information systems, EHR platforms, healthcare finance, and operations management in healthcare, strategic planning in healthcare, and coding/compliance as they specifically relate to the U.S. healthcare industry. Knowledge of virtual reality learning software as applicable to healthcare environments is also preferred.
- To carry a variable-time teaching load.
- To provide direct classroom instruction.
- To assist with student recruitment and retention activities.
- To participate in and complete course assessment activities for the Health Care Management program.
- Teaching in multiple delivery formats including face-to-face on-campus lecture (day and evening), online (traditional and accelerated), and/or traditional or accelerated formats is expected.
- To engage in other duties as assigned by the Director of the School of Health Sciences.
Contact: Richard McKinnies
Security/Safety Sensitive: N/A
Deadline to Apply: April 1, 2021 or until filled.
Please use the following link to apply https://jobs.siu.edu/job-details?jobid=11518
SIU Carbondale is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Carbondale