IT Manager, School of Nursing
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
The IT Manager for the Yale School of Nursing reports to the Yale University Associate Chief Information Officer for Medicine & Health and is also accountable to the Lead Administrator for YSN. The incumbent manages and is responsible for all IT operational activities across the school including academic, research, administrative, and clinical skills functions, while also providing strategic insight and recommendations regarding IT applications, services, and infrastructure.
The IT Manager develops and operates high quality services with defined and agreed-upon service levels that meet the day-to-day activities and future needs of Yale Nursing. The IT Manager will be responsible for desktop support, instructional technology support, server/network infrastructure, maintaining classroom technology, multimedia studio, AV, and general IT project management.
The IT Manager will oversee IT equipment inventory for the school, ensure compliance with university, state and federal standards such as HIPAA and FERPA, provide recommendations for upgrades and new technologies, and serve as the primary IT liaison to internal and external partners. The IT Manager will develop and oversee compliance to IT policies and procedures specific to YSN but in accordance with University requirements. The IT Manager will stay knowledgeable of current trends and advances in IT technology and determines how and when these advances can be cost effectively introduced into the school. The IT Manager assesses the future IT needs as they relate to the strategic planning requirements of YSN. The IT Manager ensures a customer-service environment to respond and resolve day to day computing issues and hardware problems of faculty, staff, and students. The IT Manager ensures preventive maintenance is performed, including backups of all server data, and maintains the YSN networking infrastructure. The IT manager will manage the work and activities of the Yale Distributed Support Providers and any IT vendors working with YSN.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and six years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical IT services in a research and/or academic environment, such as desktop support, server/network infrastructure.
- Demonstrated knowledge with A/V and multimedia technology.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to react to changing technologies and adapt to changes in work demands and priorities
- Proven and effective verbal and written communication skills, particularly in interacting with faculty, researchers, and students
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with managing regulated data (e.g., HIPAA, FERPA).
- Preferred Education and Experience: Project management experience. Two or more years of experience in higher education. Experience working with healthcare providers.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2YKMQvE. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity,
rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the
country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting
opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our
benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of
insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and
educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive
recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Haven
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Haven
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Haven