Asst Baseball Coach/PT Contractor - Framingham State University
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The primary responsibility of this position is instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of the sport of baseball.
Deputy Director of Athletics/Head Baseball Coach
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the head coach with all aspects of teaching skills and strategies for the sport of Women's Soccer during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Provide individual instruction in the sport of Women's Soccer.
- Assist the head coach in the creation of individual plans, while adhering to all NCAA bylaws.
- Assist the head coach with student-athlete welfare, physical health, team concepts and safety.
- Assist the head coach in coordinating team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as managers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Framingham State University, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to all aspects of the team's management.
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority under the Clery Act.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing a comprehensive recruiting plan.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the university community.
Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of coaching and/or playing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration and community)
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates.
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish or English and Portuguese are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time non-benefited, contract position, not to exceed 18 hours per week.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.