Assistant/Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) seeks a full-time Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Immunology for its Division of Biomedical Sciences. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, this position will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by contributing to the education of medical students at Marian University. This faculty member will provide instruction on immunology to medical students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Provide a sufficient understanding of concepts and facts related to immunology of infectious diseases and immunologic disorders to allow students to establish a fund of knowledge and demonstrate the competencies embodied in the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners Part 1 examination and to proceed into the clinical rotations of the 3rd and 4th years of medical school.
- Supervise and direct active learning by the students in systems courses where immunology content is located.
- Participate in curriculum development and build innovative educational programs as part of MU-COM’s ongoing quality improvement.
- All areas of immunology are of interest. Applicants in the fields of mucosal immunity, autoimmunity, cancer immunology, transplantation, and immunology of infectious diseases are encouraged to apply.
- Actively engage in bench research or other scholarly activity.
- Maintain a collegial and collaborative interaction (both in research and in teaching) with the rest of the MUCOM and MU faculty.
- Provide service to the university community and to the College of Osteopathic Medicine. May participate in graduate education in the M.S. in Biomedical Science through mentorship of graduate students.
- Other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution, with a specialty in Immunology and have demonstrated expertise in these areas.
- Post-doctoral training is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, and three letters of recommendation.
Apply Online Here: https://marian.peopleadmin.com/postings/148
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis