Assistant Professor - Sociology, Anthropology, & Criminal Justice
The Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminal Justice seeks applicants for a tenure track faculty position beginning August 1, 2021.
VSU’s Department of Sociology, Anthropology, & Criminal Justice is housed in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The department is comprised of 17 full-time faculty serving over 500 majors in the three programs and two graduate programs. For more information about the department visit https://www.valdosta.edu/sacj/.
For more information contact Dr. Ross, Department Head, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 229-333-5943.
The selected candidate will be responsible for primarily teaching courses in Anthropology and some courses in Sociology, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
- PhD in Anthropology by appointment date;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- A record of teaching Anthropology and Sociology courses;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant's career stage in a traditional format and teaching courses online;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds;
- A record of engaging students in experiential learning.
Online application is required and should be submitted by March 17, 2021.
Valdosta State University, founded in 1906 and elevated to university status in 1993, is a regional comprehensive university located on a gorgeous 168-acre campus of palm trees, vast green lawns, Spanish mission style architecture and an award-winning design. The university serves a student enrollment of approximately 11,200 from all states within the US and hosts over 300 international students from more than 76 countries. Located in the city of Valdosta, a very family-friendly area with new housing developments, modest living costs, excellent public and private schools, a vibrant music and arts scene, and a 170-acre theme park, Wild Adventures. The city is served by the Valdosta Regional Airport and is home to Moody Air Force Base. It is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75 and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida and a three-hour drive of Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, visit https:// www.valdosta.edu. For more information on the community visit https://www.valdostachamber.com.
Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Anthropology & Archaeology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Sociology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta