Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor (www.bcm.edu) is recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center (Texas Medical Center), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates (Baylor Affiliates).
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is dedicated to providing a rigorous and stimulating research and training environment for qualified PhD. and Masters level candidates in the biomedical sciences. Outstanding PhD, Masters and MD./PhD. students provide the intellectual capital needed to advance the research and educational mission of the college and to provide a new generation of scientific leaders.
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas is recruiting an educational faculty member to join the graduate school to serve as Associate Dean of the Graduate School.
- Create and nurture a climate of curricular innovation in the GSBS through advocating for and support of development of innovative curriculum and programs.
- Work with faculty and staff from programs and the Education, Innovation and Technology Core to promote development of alternative delivery formats (flipped, team-based learning), increased use of technology, and rigorous and appropriate student learning assessments.
- Review teaching assignments and evaluation of instruction; ensure high quality teaching and programmatic content.
- Review and resolve curricular and programmatic issues across programs. Review course offerings, as well as course and program enrollments. Ensure GSBS programming meets or exceed expectations of NIH training (T32) guidelines.
- Serve as Dean's liaison to the GSBS Curriculum committee, and each of the program's curriculum committees.
- Monitors student progress to degree (e.g. retention and graduation), including GSBS oversite of students on academic warning, probation and degree extension plans. Represents the Dean's office on the Promotion's committee ensuring adherence to GSBS and BCM policies.
- Serve as a resource when resolving faculty and/or student issues related to courses and degree progression issues.
- Review course directors for qualifications for teaching per accreditation guidelines.
- Routine student communications.
- Work with Student Services and programs for student advising and retention activities.
- Work with Graduate Student Council and staff for annual Graduate Student Symposium
- Works with the GSBS Dean on Student Affairs issues, programming and initiatives for learning environment and climate optimization.
- Participate in monthly program administrator and program director meetings.
Assessment & Accreditation
- Provide leadership, support and mentoring for all assessment and accreditation activities in GSBS and graduate programs.
- Ensure curriculum, current and to be developed, meets or exceeds SACSCOC guidelines.
- Develop reports and metrics to guide overall academic quality and continuous quality improvement.
- Coordinate, review and evaluate:
- Internal and external program reviews
- Annual Assessment Updates
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Accreditation Reports
- Admissions Reports & Assessments
- Recruitment, Enrollment, Retention, Diversity measures, degree program and completion
- Ph.D. and a track record of research experience as an independent investigator
- Demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in leadership and possess the ability to work with a varied group of educators and stakeholders
- Previous experience in graduate student curriculum development with an emphasis in such areas as quality improvement, teamwork, accreditation, maintaining excellence in the learning environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and work on a team
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston