Multimedia Content Producer
- Working in the Marketing Office, the Multimedia Content Producer will develop and tell important University stories, showcase the work of faculty, and highlight the achievements of students through video and photography on the web, social media, and other platforms.
- The multimedia producer should be an exceptional story teller who is able to work independently to identify and develop interesting stories.
- The candidate will interview faculty, students, and administrators and will interpret and translate their needs into effective visual formats.
- The candidate will be expected to look for connections between events and articles in the broader media landscape and happenings on campus for the purposes of developing content, in addition to conducting any supporting research necessary.
- The candidate will be responsible for independently producing and directing a variety of complex informational and promotional video/web/print/multimedia materials, using emerging tools to meet the diverse communications needs of the university.
- The candidate will serve as the primary producer and provide overall artistic direction to integrate strategically the university's graphic communication efforts.
- The candidate will be responsible for coordination of each project’s media and technical elements, including narration, computer graphics, audio and visual effects, editing and transmission.
- The candidate will develop and execute multimedia projects that
incorporate all technical and media elements and production
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in videography, media, or the equivalent required. Broad knowledge of resources and techniques which communicate information through multimedia production are essential as is thorough knowledge of video production techniques. Working knowledge of tools for authoring interactive multimedia products delivered via a variety of synchronous and asynchronous techniques, knowledge of digital photography and CMS.
- Experience: At least two years’ experience in video production and/or higher education. Foundation background in communication theory and development and experience with DSLR video production and workflow.
- Skills: Effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; ability to predict, identify, and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner. Proficiency in end-to-end filmmaking, including pre-production, production (cinematography, lighting, audio production), editing and video compression for the web. Proficient in Premiere Pro. Excellent organization and verbal/written communication skills. Ability to interact with a diverse population at all levels. Understanding of social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms. Understanding of accessibility as it relates to video and knowledge of best practices to ensure multimedia is accessible. Technical skills sufficient to be able to post pieces in digital and social media platforms including a web content management system. Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow brand guidelines are required.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some nights and weekends are required.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Mallory Cerda, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com.