Director of Analytics and Accountability
The Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities seeks a Director of Analytics and Accountability with competency and experience in the areas of business and data analytics, assessment and accountability, risk management, and regulatory compliance.
The Director will have primary responsibility of leading the division’s business analytics and data warehousing functions, understanding that information and data are key business assets and operationalizes the application of data and information in order to deliver optimal performance. The Director will align and direct the management, development, and integration of data analytics and business intelligence necessary for supporting the mission, vision strategies, objectives, and goals of the division. The Director will collaborate closely with leaders and stakeholders within the division and throughout the university to develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other reliable metrics through reporting and dashboards used for decision-making, work induction, collection of feedback, assessment, evaluation, and general operational management. The Director organizes and assembles the human, technological, and financial resources necessary to address the current and future analytics needs of the division. The Director will lead the development, implementation, administration, and maintenance of policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the division’s data, all while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and university policies and procedures.
The Director will also lead division-wide efforts to access, analyze, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the governance, financial, and operational processes and systems, offer recommendations to improve associated policies, and assist individual units with decision support, assessment, enterprise risk, and compliance activities.
The Director must be detail, action, solution, and results oriented; have a passion for quality, data accuracy, and continuous improvement; and have extensive experience collaborating with stakeholders from all levels of a large, decentralized organization. The incumbent is expected to fulfill identified responsibilities independently while maintaining effective communication with divisional leadership.
• Advanced degree in business administration, accounting, business information technology, computer science, statistics, or a related discipline; or a combination of education and relevant experience equivalent to an advanced degree. At minimum, a bachelor’s degree is required.
• Experience with business processes and systems management of large, decentralized organizations.
• Commitment to data-driven decision making, experience with data gathering and analysis, and the use of key performance indicators in the execution of tactical, operational, and strategic objectives.
• Experience with policies and procedures for ensuring internal controls as well as the security and integrity of data.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret policy and design management solutions in compliance with specified policies and regulations.
• Experience with automated information systems such as Banner, HokieServ, and HokieMart applications.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to effectively interact and build trusted relationships with diverse internal and external constituencies.
• Demonstrated experience researching and preparing technically complex executive level documents, position papers, reports, proposals, and presentations on a variety of strategic topics.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker, and make decisions with strong attention to accuracy, detail, and local context.
• Ability to successfully handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality, strong personal ethics commitment, and demonstrated sound judgment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; excellent organizational, leadership, and delegation skills; and ability to work collaboratively. Must have strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills to manage complex tasks and/or those that require balancing competing interests.
• Patience, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure as well as a strong personal ethics commitment.
• Previous experience in the management and business practices of higher education institutions.
• CPA, CIA, CFE, and/or relevant professional certification.
• Significant and progressively responsible auditing and/or assurance experience.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to higher education.
• Knowledge of university organizational structure, policies, and procedures.
Commensurate with Experience
February 24, 2021
- Work hours are typically M – F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. however additional hours or modified schedule may be required to meet the needs of the division.
- Must have a criminal background check, Must have a driver’s license check.
- Must have an acceptable and safe driving record.
- Work is performed primarily in office environment.
- Repetitive movement through use of keyboarding.
- Travel to meetings throughout the state and to non-Blacksburg sites with some overnight stays.
- After hours and weekend work may be required to meet the needs of the division.
- This position meets the criteria for issuance of a mobile communication device (such as radio, cell-phone, I-pad, I-pod, pager, etc.). Devices issued are the responsibility of the employee and are to be returned in satisfactory condition upon separation of employment. Devices are to be used according to supervisor instruction and according to relevant policies.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 5, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg