Project Manager- Holistic Student Support Services Temp
Project Manager - Holistic Student Support Services (Temporary Grant Funded)
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Utilizing grant funds, CCC is implementing a 1 year project to incorporate lessons learned from the challenges incoming students are facing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has exacerbated existing inequities that impact the communities that CPS and CCC serve - including post-secondary enrollment. Despite the many efforts and progress to enroll CPS students into CCC, many students who graduated CPS on the Navigator caseloads applied to CCC but never enrolled.
In response to the impact of COVID-19, CCC plans to implement a tiered student support framework in order to respond quickly to the increased needs of our students, providing them with needed additional resources, flexible policies, and intensive supports. Tiers provide clarity on students’ college context that can help student services professionals to proactively and thoughtfully provide holistic support for all of their students. For each tier, colleges will develop clear strategies for routine, integrated engagement between the students and their care teams. These engagements will align outreach with specific resources and opportunities that can contribute to positive student outcomes.
Reporting to the District Director- Retention and Student Success, the Project Manager - Holistic Student Support is responsible for leading and contributing significantly to the project’s goals for the implementation of plans for a tiered student support framework across all colleges. The Project Manager is accountable for the design of sustainable business processes and workflows for providing tiered wraparound student support practices in person and virtually. Performs related duties as required.
- Works collaboratively with project staff and college administrators to integrate student development and retention theories with stakeholder insights to refine tiered support model.
- Leverages Navigate student success platform (EAB) to integrate tiers with processes for alerts, referrals, and student services.
- Operationalizes goals and objectives, and designs an assessment model to track progress toward goals and objectives.
- Ensures that essential project resources are created or obtained, distributed, and archived.
- Creates associated practices, procedures and metrics to measure success for the work of implementing retention score tiers.
- Oversees data analysis. Recommends and implements changes and improvements to better ensure attainment of mission.
- Prioritizes collaborative teaming and building capacity for college and district teams
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders and partners, contributes to and delivers comprehensive professional development on student support and culture of care and cross-functional student support services
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to increase project profile, reputation, visibility and support.
- Creates plan to drive awareness of the project at the seven colleges
- Actively develops comparative evaluation by monitoring project peers and sharing information with appropriate groups.
- Builds relationships with appropriate communities and organizations that will result in project enhancement.
- Develops, plans and implements strategies, goals & approach for programs & events related to the project.
- Oversees creation of events designed to implement program/project objectives.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure that events are implemented and meet or exceed planned goals.
Reports To District Director – Retention and Student Success
Direct Supervision None
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Two years of program/project experience administration experience
- Five years of experience managing projects across multiple stakeholders preferred
- Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with employees at all levels of the organization, including internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago