Assistant/Associate Professor of Education
Position Type Faculty, Tenure Track Classification Title Assistant/Associate Professor Position's Functional Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Education Position Start Date 08/16/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
This position is for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor in the Division of Education. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/graduate courses primarily in ESL and bilingual education, technology education and foundation courses. The successful candidate will have a doctorate degree in TESOL, second language education, applied linguistics, technology education or related field by August 1, 2021. The successful candidate should have strong skills in teaching online courses and preferably have knowledge in Quality Matters or other platforms for developing sound online instruction. We seek candidates with outstanding teaching skills, ability to teach non-traditional or diverse student populations, and ability to collaborate in a positive manner with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
Governors State University ( GSU ) was founded in 1969, originally as an upper-division institution with a primary focus of serving community college graduates pursuing baccalaureate degrees. During the five intervening decades, GSU has grown to become the only regional, public, comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving approximately 6,000 students annually in 85 different bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. GSU features a highly diverse faculty and staff of roughly 1,000 employees that reflect the students and community we serve. GSU provides accessible, high value undergraduate and graduate education to culturally and economically diverse students from across the region and around the world. From its mission statement, Governors State University is committed to offering an exceptional and accessible education that prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a global society.
Students benefit from the university’s high academic quality, range of
convenient class times, increasing hybrid and online offerings, and
outstanding educational value.
The exceptionally beautiful campus is conveniently located within easy
reach by road and rail to Chicago and surrounding communities that have a
wealth of cultural and natural attractions. The highly diverse region GSU
serves has a number of high performing schools and engaged communities
as well as struggling urban, suburban, and rural communities. GSU seeks
to serve as a public square, working to foster educational opportunities for
1. Doctorate in a related field to bilingual education or technology eduction
2. Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses
3. Documented record of an ability to make intellectual contributions through scholarly publications/presentations consistent with the maintenance of AQ (“Academically Qualified”) faculty status under accreditation standards.
4. Interest in and ability to develop and teach online (web-based) courses.
1. Prior University teaching is highly desirable.
2. Teaching and/or professional experience in multiple endorsable areas.
3. Understanding of and can utilize Quality Matters (QM) standards and principles.
Posting Date 02/24/2021 Closing Date Open Until Filled No Posting Number FA0390P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5780 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What is/are your doctorate(s) in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Will you have a Doctorate Degree in hand by the date of
appointment or an advanced ABD by the date of the
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching
(Open Ended Question)
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Research Documents
- Certification/Professional License
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest