ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, REUNIONS AND HOMECOMING
The Division of Philanthropy and Engagement is seeking a ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, REUNIONS AND HOMECOMING to o versee the implementation of programs that encompass the engagement of alumni, students and the campus community focusing on event planning, marketing facilitation, volunteer management and evaluation and assessment. Develop and oversee classes and affinity reunion events and programs, Alumni Reunion Weekend, and Homecoming to create a culture of involvement and philanthropy with alumni and all the IC community. Work collaboratively with the Division of Student Affairs and Campus Life, Conference and Events Services, schools, departments, athletics, and various student organizations. Serve as staff liaison to the Reunions and Homecoming committee of the Alumni Association Board of Directors. Oversee the conception, strategy, and implementation of Alumni Reunion Weekend, Homecoming, classes, and reunion programs that connect alumni to the college through their graduation classes and affinities, creating a continuum of engagement from student to alumnus/a, and increasing philanthropy. Assist with the creation and implementation of an annual Alumni Reunion Weekend class giving campaign.
- Develop and execute reunion events, which contribute to meaningful experiences and engagement for constituents, including but not limited to Alumni Reunion Weekend, Homecoming, classes and affinity reunions, and other engagement events as appropriate.
- Work with the Associate Vice President of Engagement and Director of Alumni and Family Engagement to create an effective strategy for Alumni Reunion Weekend, Homecoming, and classes and affinity reunions, to increase attendance and participant satisfaction, showcase the college and its students and programs, increasing the excitement and commitment of the IC community.
- Create and manage campus-wide Alumni Reunion Weekend and Homecoming committees that includes representatives from Philanthropy and Engagement, Student Affairs and Campus Life, Athletics, and the schools to envision and execute programing that engages and excites the alumni and the campus community.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to support of Alumni Reunion Weekend, Homecoming, class reunion committees and affinity reunion groups. Facilitate volunteer recognition activities and succession planning of these committees and groups.
- Work with and serve as the staff liaison to the Alumni Association Board of Directors Reunions and Homecoming Committee to identify initiatives and strategies for improving participation in Alumni Reunion Weekend, Homecoming and class and affinity reunions.
- Responsible for arrangements and logistics, securing venues, organizing programming, managing communications, and creating and managing staffing and volunteer schedules and their work.
- Work with the IC Annual Fund, Philanthropy, Advancement Marketing, and other key stakeholders to build and execute an annual Alumni Reunion Weekend, Homecoming and classes and affinities giving program that will support increasing alumni annual giving and help to improve a culture of philanthropy.
- Work with the Associate Director of Alumni and Family Engagement and the IC Annual Fund to create and execute strategies in support of the senior class gift program and cultivation of young alumni giving through classes and affinities giving activities to help meet the college’s fundraising goals.
- Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse, and respectful college community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with alumni, families, students, staff, faculty, and visitors to the college. Promote a flexible, collaborative, and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Coordinate staffing schedule for events. Confirm event attendance of faculty, staff, volunteers, the President, and senior administrators. Ensure a detailed event packet is prepared and provided to appropriate attending staff to include logistical information. Work with the Director of Strategic Planning to create briefing materials for the President and senior administrators as appropriate. Attend and participate in events as part of assigned staffing.
- Prompt appropriate colleagues to ensure event follow-up is managed in a timely manner, including coding participants in the constituent database, managing follow-up with constituents, sending thank you notes and emails, posting photos to the web, and producing reports and correspondence. Lead post-event debriefing meetings to ensure important interactions with prospects and volunteers are captured and communicated.
- Work with the leadership of each class, Residential Life, Student Government Council, and other offices to provide education regarding the importance of philanthropy.
- Establish metrics and create year-end reports that include assessment and analysis of programs and events.
- Assist the Director of Alumni and Family Engagement in preparing, executing, and monitoring annual budgets. Verify and reconcile budgetary expenditures for student and young alumni programs within established guidelines.
- Participate in and support other events sponsored by the Division of Philanthropy and Engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years’ experience in development, alumni relations, or related field; ability to work independently, excellent attention to detail, self-motivated, strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; understanding of higher education and the role of alumni, student and family engagement and development; understanding of fundraising principles and volunteer management and starting annual class and affinity gift programs in partnership with annual fund; ability to plan, develop and implement activities, programs and special events; previous experience working with and supervising volunteers; experience maintaining and reconciling office and events budgets; the ability to work evenings, weekends, and some travel required; a working knowledge of various word processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications are required. Experience working in a college or university setting is preferred.
Hiring Range: Up to $55,000
About Ithaca College
As an employee at Ithaca College, you’ll get much more than a competitive salary and the traditional advantages. We pride ourselves on providing our benefit-eligible employees with the most comprehensive benefits possible, including work/life balance, generous paid time off policies, career-enhancing trainings, employee and dependent tuition assistance, and opportunities to give back to the community. Beyond benefits, you’ll enjoy the kind of uniquely rewarding work environment that can only be found in a vibrant college community.
Most of the work of the incumbent is carried out within a generally accessible, safe, indoor environment with proper lighting and a workstation that includes a desk and chair. The incumbent is required to operate a personal computer and associated equipment such as computer printers. The incumbent will be required to attend various college functions during and after normal business hours, and travel to and from on and off-campus events.
Interested applicants must apply online and attach a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca