Campus Technology Manager
Campus Technology Manager
4800 Preston Park Blvd, Courtyard Campus
Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for an experienced Campus Technology Manager.
Manage, assist and coordinate the efforts of technical staff charged with all aspects of technology at assigned campus. This includes, but is not limited to conference centers, meeting rooms, classrooms, labs, off site events, and offices. Assist with the coordination and implementation of technology projects in assigned areas. Coordinate the installation and repair of computers, software, and related peripherals. Assist with networking, telecommunications, and software/hardware support upon request.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor software-licensing agreements by reviewing software use to ensure usage is within copyright guidelines.
- Collaborate with faculty and technology supervisors to ensure proper equipment, software and processes in assigned areas are in optimum condition.
- Coordinate resources for, as well as provide technical support and services to the college community ensuring all classes, equipment and community events (both on and off Collin College campuses) run efficiently.
- Maintain regular contact with faculty and staff to monitor level of service provided by assigned technology support team.
- Obtain quotes, manage and coordinate implementation of campus upgrades and repair services from inception to completion.
- Assist students, faculty, staff and vendors with all computer, Internet, wireless access, printing and media issues. Troubleshoot hardware, software and audio visual problems.
- Monitor emerging technologies, develop specifications and make recommendations for necessary acquisitions of new equipment.
- Integrate new technologies into existing structure of classrooms, offices and conference centers.
- Maintain accurate records on software, hardware, equipment utilization and problems.
- Maintain familiarity with and ensure compliance with district policies and procedures to ensure copyright laws are not violated.
- Follow standards, rules, regulations and orders for electrical and mechanical equipment at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Must successfully complete the Collin College Managing for Excellence Academy Program within the first year of entering this position.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and four (4) years related work experience required. One (1) year of supervisor experience required.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and six (6) years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. One (1) year of supervisor experience required.
Current Collin College employeeswho meet all other job requirements, but who do not have supervisory experience, must successfully complete supervisory training within the first year of entering this position to satisfy the minimum supervisory requirement.
Licenses and Certifications
Industry-recognized certification in Technology and Media
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of network topology
- Knowledge of college policy and guidelines for technology
- Knowledge of software licensing terminology and requirements
- Knowledge of Collin College departmental organizations and procedures
- Applicable networking and wireless skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audiovisual skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Documentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain professional manner when interacting with faculty, students, staff and outside organizations.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to supervise and evaluate personnel
- Ability to travel to and between campuses throughout the district to provide technical support and attend meetings
- Ability to adhere to and enforce the policies, protocols and guidelines set by the department
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $57,297.00 - 65,892.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney