Senior Associate Dean for Research Affairs - College of Medicine (70006)
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Medicine, the Senior Associate Dean for Research Affairs plays a principal role in providing leadership in the management of research activities, initiatives, and resources of the College of Medicine. The Senior Associate Dean for Research Affairs is responsible for developing and overseeing the research mission of the College of Medicine and advising the Dean on new and innovative research opportunities and technologies requiring investment by the College of Medicine; interacting with department chairs and directors of centers and institutes to coordinate and support their respective research agendas ensuring optimum use of resources; promoting university-wide, as well as extramural interdisciplinary programs to advance the missions of the College of Medicine; fostering links and alliances with all levels of granting agencies; in consultation with the Dean, ensuring that faculty-based support mechanisms for new researchers are developed and implemented; mentoring faculty and staff regarding research practices and policies; facilitating interactions to advance commercialization of intellectual property; reviewing the quality and productivity of existing research programs to properly align expenditures and space assignments with a programs success; and assisting in the recruitment of chairs, center and institute directors, and faculty in the College of Medicine.
The Senior Associate Dean will address a wide range of opportunities and challenges to meet the UF COM’s aspirations, most notably:
- Envision and implement a new research strategic plan that will launch the College of Medicine into a new phase of growth and impact in areas such as data science and artificial intelligence.
- Partner with key research leaders in the COM, UF Health, and UF to manage resources, identify research space opportunities (both new and modifications of existing), build collaborations across campus, set strategy, and recruit faculty
- Expand extramural funding for COM research through focusing on building translational and multidisciplinary research programs
- Support and communicate with the COM’s community of researchers and encourage strategic and productive collaborations
- Represent and expand the influence of COM research beyond UF
- Oversee and streamline key programs and operations to lower barriers to research success
Candidates must be an M.D. or Ph.D., and have a distinguished record of innovative leadership, grant funding, scholarly accomplishments, and excellence in administration as a faculty member of a College of Medicine.
The College of Medicine is working with WittKieffer to carry-out a nationwide search to solicit nominations for this position. If you know of a qualified individual or are interested in applying, please contact Lyndsey Nicodem of WittKieffer by email to email@example.com . Candidates interested in applying should provide a letter of interest outlining their special qualifications for this position, a current curriculum vitae, and the names of three references. Applications will be kept confidential and references will not be contacted without the permission of applicants.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.