Instructor I/Instructor II, Physical Therapy
As Physical Therapy faculty, you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; engage in research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers; responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community.
Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Teaches at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participates on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Additional Job Description
- Clinical Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation
- Experience teaching in a graduate physical therapy program in the area of neurological rehabilitation
- Licensed as a physical therapist in the State of Florida or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the State of Florida who has clinical experience in neurological rehabilitation.
- Must meet the University and College criteria for the appointment as an Instructor.
- Three years of relevant clinical experience.
- Content expertise in the area of adult neurological physical therapy along with experience in vestibular rehabilitation.
- Experience in developing &/or teaching a neurologic residency program
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Interest in developing a research agenda.
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning.
- Must value continued scholarship and service to the College and University.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made at the Instructor level on a 12-month multi-year appointment basis contract available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five (5) Professional References
This position will close Friday March 12, 2021.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers