Postdoctoral Research Associate - CCI
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Research Associate - CCI Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $47,500 to $50,000 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The College of Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University (Department of Chemical and Life Science Engineering and Department of Biomedical Engineering), has a multidisciplinary postdoctoral position available in the area of smart sensor development. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to develop and expand upon a diversified technical skill set while advancing the science and technology of developing smart and secure biosensors for the detection of specific analytes from biological fluids.
This project is aimed at developing point-of-care biosensors for disease monitoring. The successful candidate will work with scientists in chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, and clinicians to develop a minimally invasive, secure, smart biosensor based on samples from animal and human models. There is also opportunity to work with data scientists to form predictive sensor systems with data analytics and data security. The results from this project will enhance a leadership role in the development of secure biodevices that can transform the healthcare for millions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electrochemistry and/or electrochemical sensors. Knowledge of biosensors, soft materials and their synthesis, or microfabrication/electronics techniques is a plus. In this position, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with scientists across disciplines including engineering and medicine.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline.
- Experience with electrochemistry, biosensors, materials science.
- Ability to mentor team members, and ensure the highest levels of laboratory safety.
- Excellent communication skills are needed to ensure accuracy of reporting, including the ability to develop original research proposals, write manuscripts for publication, and orally discuss research efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Goal oriented with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in biosensors and data analysis
- Hands-on electronics or microfabrication experience is a plus
Job Open Date 02/05/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates for consideration must upload a cover letter of interest, CV, and two professional references to include emails and phone numbers in a single PDF file.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
VCU is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103168 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond