Functional Analyst 1, Functional Analyst 2, or Functional Analyst 3 - BROADBAND - (STA006929)
*****BROADBAND POSITION - EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION WILL DETERMINE FUNCTIONAL ANALYST 1, FUNCTIONAL ANALYST 2, OR FUNCTIONAL ANALYST 3.*****
Under general supervision, performs process analysis and design through coordination with technical and functional staff.
- Responsible for complex system process analysis, design and
simulation. Understands the University's business systems and State
of Texas regulations.
- Responsible for analysis and re-design of current
- Communicates and resolves issues with functional staff, and
coordinates programming requirements with technical staff.
Recommends and facilitates improvements to current policies and
- Integrates new process with existing ones, and coordinates
training requirements for end-users.
- Recommends testing strategies and acceptance criteria.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years of directly job-related experience.
The Functional Analyst is primarily responsible for providing support for the PeopleSoft Grants Suite as it relates to award management. Responsibilities include planning and implementation of new features, interfaces, conversion, troubleshooting, audit, end-user training, reporting, and process improvement analysis. Some of the Functional Analyst duties will include:
- Analyzes business needs, creates detailed PeopleSoft business
requirements and functional designs.
- Develops/validates PeopleSoft solutions leveraging PeopleSoft
knowledge and best practices.
- Considers the business implications of applying technology to
the current and future PeopleSoft business environment.
- Prepares and obtains approval for business process and
- Provides PeopleSoft end user support including completing
system demonstrations, and provides.
- PeopleSoft best practice consultation, training and functional
- Develops test cases and test scripts for the preparation and
execution of system testing, system integration testing, and user
acceptance testing according to test plans.
- Completes through detailed test cases execution to ensure
software and reports are functioning properly.
Preferred Skill Set:
- Ability to use SQL or other query tools, including PeopleSoft
built-in query to perform analysis.
- Experience with broad range of PeopleSoft modules: Finance,
Grants, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources.
- Experience performing PeopleSoft business analyst functions
including writing functional design specifications, developing test
scripts, managing/updating configuration, implementing best
practice solutions and providing ongoing support as required.
- Ability to exceed customer expectation, quality, and
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston