Part-Time Program Manager, Kids at College
Part-Time Program Manager, Kids at College
Posting Number: 0001030
PS Position#: 00001241
Position Status: Part-Time
Salary: $22.13 per hour
Department: Community Education
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for business development, generating revenue, increasing enrollment, and the instructional and operational aspects of open enrollment through kids at college and leisure learning courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Development & Administration
- Plan and implement instructional programs in compliance with
accrediting agency guidelines in accordance with college policies,
procedures, and goals, and when appropriate, in alignment with
professional continuing education requirements as required by
THECB, SACS, and applicable credentialing agencies.
- Maintain course and instructor files.
- Assist with recruiting, screening, hiring, orienting,
supervising, and evaluating instructors.
- Develop and track course/program budget(s), ensure expenditures
are in compliance with the Center's policies and activities
conducted within the approved operating budget.
- Provide continuing quality improvement through assessments of
instruction and curriculum by staying abreast of major trends, and
by tracking and evaluating the impact of courses and
- Collaborate with other administrators to prepare
courses/programs for CE schedule.
- Research and recommend content for operating agreements, such as grants, MOU's, and contracts.
- In accordance with Lee College's and the Center's marketing
plan, develop, recommend, and implement sales and other strategies
to promote courses and programs to increase enrollment and
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals,
community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and analyze customer relations data to track program
status and produce sales management reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of department procedures, goals, strategic planning, and marketing initiatives.
Additional duties and responsibilities my include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate program information related to registration with
Business Operations Manager and staff.
- Represent the Center at college and community
- Resolve student and faculty issues.
- Plan and coordinate special events/workshops.
- Assist with registration and answering phones as
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. The work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours/week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Three (3) years related work experience
- Able to effectively engage inside and outside sales methods, to
include prospecting, developing, and delivering public
presentations and negotiating performance terms and
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft
- Able to efficiently navigate and effectively use the internet
for research, marketing, and other forms of
- Detail oriented and able to multitask and meet critical
- Manage, organize, and communicate information of varying
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and
collaboratively with diverse populations/groups/teams
- Knowledge of college systems and operations
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and
- Some travel required. Travel is typically confined to the Lee
College service area; however, professional development may require
participation in conferences or similar activities at locations
throughout the state of Texas.
- Verified skills in organizing complex systems and effectively
manage multiple, competing priorities while remaining composed and
- Friendly, courteous, service-orientated, and enjoy working with
a variety of people
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a business management, child
development or related field
- Three (3) years related work experience in Community
- Three (3) years of experience in the development and marketing
of Community Education instructional programs and courses related
to professional licensure requirement
- Three (3) years of cumulative experience in managing community
education, professional continuing education, staff development, or
similar instructional programs
- Experience with developing and/or delivering career, personal enrichment, kids at college, recreation and fitness, online learning and computer technology instructional programming in a public or private setting
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6820
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.