Director of Financial Aid for Shared Services
About Ambow Education Inc.-Shared Services
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education Inc. Shared service is pursuing such opportunities to redefine the way higher education operates and serves its community. We are looking for visionary, innovative, and strategic thinkers to help build, from the ground up, a best in class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost effective operational services, first class customer/user experiences, and valuable insight into business performance.
Ambow Education successfully acquired Bay State College (Boston, MA) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego, CA) in 2020. In 2020, Ambow Education Inc. was formed to provide Shared Services (IT, HR, Finance & FA) to its member institutions. As an integral part of the shared services team, the position engages with a variety of individuals and a diverse student community.
- Supervises and coordinates the efforts and initiatives of the financial aid office and its staff to provide financial information and answers to questions prospective and enrolled students at the Colleges.
- Interpret federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies; communicate interpretations and ensure college-wide compliance; implement new programs and regulatory changes as required; document and maintain internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Manage all federal, state, and institutional funds, including budgets, allocations, and reconciliations; ensure awarding guidelines are compliant.
- Responsible for the calculation and communication of key performance metrics such as Department of Education 90/10 ratios, default rates, financial responsibility, account reconciliations, and all other financial aid related reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance for all Gainful Employment initiatives; develop and maintain disclosures, generate required reports for timely submission, and provide feedback and guidance on current program standing.
- In conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer-Shared Services, forecast, plan, budget, and define institutional expenditures to ensure optimal financial aid strategies that best meet the needs of students while advancing the College’s strategic goals.
- Facilitate annual third-party SFS audits, compiling data, overseeing the on-site visit, and ensuring on-time and accurate submissions; develop, implement, and ensure corrective action plans are followed when needed.
- Serve as the institution’s key holder for all external reporting, ensuring all submissions are completed timely and accurately; gather, analyze, and report all internal financial aid and student account data for these reports.
- Provide training, leadership, and direction to the Financial Aid team; set short- and long-term goals and motivate the staff to achieve them.
- Provide training on best practices to departments across campus, including Financial Aid Planning, Admissions, and Registrar, to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Oversee all enrollment reporting in NSLDS, COD, NSC, and CampusVue to ensure accuracy of the data and compliance with all federal regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required 5+ years’ managerial experience and knowledge in Financial Aid.
- Experience working in Microsoft Dynamics, CampusVue, Campus Ivy, PowerFAIDS, or other related software.
- Comprehensive understanding Title IV, FERPA, federal, and state student financial aid regulations include eligibility, application requirements, other funds, grant, scholarship, loan management processes law, policies, and other compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methodologies, and procedures for the needs of student financial aid to all types of academic programs.
- Strong attention to detail and a proven record of accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service, verbal communication, and writing skills.
- Supervision is required. The Director will manage teams of Financial Aid Manager’s and Financial Aid Counselors at multiple locations.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping and bending the body downward and forward.
- Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel may be required to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HumanResources@baystate.edu and in the subject includes Director of Financial Aid Shared Services.
Open to anyone in the US.
Apply for Director of Financial Aid for Shared Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Financial Aid Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Executive Directors Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston