IT Office Manager
IT Office Manager
Posting Number: R0003447
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Administers the IT procurement process for the university, ensuring that all expenditures are reconciled with the budget and precise accounting rules are followed. Supports the successful operation of the university's telecommunications systems and provides clerical support to WITS staff. Work involves recurring situations that are routine in nature with frequent variation from the norm, usually Involving communication with faculty, staff, students and external clients. Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, verbal communication skills, and a team orientation with a commitment to service. This position is 30 hours per week, 12 months per year.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties and responsibilities of the IT Office Manager include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Orders all computers, computer peripherals, telecommunications
and cable plant equipment, and software for the campus community,
seeking best available pricing. Ensures that all expenditures are
reconciled with budgets and accounts are charged correctly to
reflect capital, operational, and project expenditures.
- Monitors and pays all IT contracts. Initiates renewal of IT
contracts, referring them to WITS leadership for price negotiation.
Administers complex account coding rules for contracts that cross
the university's fiscal year.
- Pays all invoices for IT services. Prepares bills for payment
with accurate coding.
- Works with Finance and Accounting departments as needed to
clarify accounting rules and resolve errors and/or
- Processes service requests on a monthly basis and bills out to
- Tracks the status of departmental accounts.
- Communicates with vendor sales representatives, tracks orders
and shipping status, and receives goods. Keeps WITS staff updated
on status of orders and updates service requests with shipping and
- Maintains databases and records related to university
telecommunications and network Infrastructure, including but not
limited to E911, floor plans, telephone and voicemail systems, and
fiber and copper cable plant.
- Provides initial customer contact for telephone and voice mail
related service requests, base level training, and
- Manages the day-to-day operation of university telephone and
voice mail system at the desk-set level, implementing adds, moves,
- Serves as a JP Morgan Chase cardholder for the University.
Understands the liability and accepts the responsibility of being
able to sign for University purchases. Reconciles the PCard
statement on a monthly basis and provides required documentation to
Finance and Accounting. Posts debits and credits
- Serves as a member of the WITS Department and provides
- Any combination of education and experience to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- A minimum of two years experience working In a professional office environment required. Experience In higher education preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent working knowledge of a variety of application
software, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation
- Ability to read and interpret software manuals.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
- Experience updating phone and voicemail settings for VoIP phones.
Position will remain open until filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/IT-Office-Manager_R0003447-1
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.