Research Specialist I
Research Specialist I
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E - Physical & Enviromental Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
The Isotope Core Lab Research Specialist I, under general supervision, oversee laboratory operations and performs technical support research work involving performance of assignments requiring modification and adaptation to routine procedures.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, attentive to detail, and possess excellent organizational skills. The position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. Consider Discovering the Island University, the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a pristine view of the beach and bays, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a first-choice institution.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of instrumentation and
report any necessary repairs
- Support senior laboratory team in training and supervision of
students, laboratory assistants and other users
- Perform data reduction, maintain laboratory quality control,
and sample tracking databases.
- Prepares samples for data collection and analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S Degree in Geosciences or related field.
- Four (4) years of related experience with light stable isotope
ratio mass spectrometers and peripherals.
- Broad experience related to carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and/or
hydrogen stable isotope analysis.
- Experience with management of large data sets.
- Strong statistical background.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and possess excellent
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with
- MS degree in a relevant discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience with multiple preparation
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Research-Specialist-I_R-035472