Instructor, Social Work
Instructor, Social Work
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College Of Liberal Arts
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a part-time Social Work Instructor to teach in the undergraduate interdisciplinary social work minor program, beginning fall 2021. The program is designed to complement undergraduate study programs at the university and provides students with a basic understanding of social work practice with an emphasis on skill application. This position is 20 hours a week and benefits-eligible.
Officially designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution, TAMU-CC has a highly diverse student population, many of whom are first generation college students. We are dedicated to providing high quality learning opportunities to all students with special focus on intentional strategies to welcome and uplift historically marginalized identities on our campus.
Responsibilities include course instruction (two courses per semester), grading assignments, meeting with students during regular office hours, assisting with yearly program review, providing academic counseling to students, and networking with social service providers and agencies to facilitate applied experience opportunities for students.
Please visit our website for more information about the Social Work minor program at: https://catalog.tamucc.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=24&poid=3216
- MSW or MSSW degree from an accredited social work program
through the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE)
- At least five years of experience in post-MSW professional
social work in various practice settings
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, as
well as understanding of the age specific needs and cultural
differences of different populations
- Licensed at the Master's level with LCSW preferred, but will
consider applicants with LMSW or LMSW-AP license
- Previous teaching experience
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing the qualifications listed
2. A curriculum vitae
3. A statement of teaching philosophy
4. A sample syllabus (for those who have teaching experience)
5. Sample teaching evaluations from students (optional)
6. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses - including a previous or current supervisor
7. Copies of unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Questions about the position should be directed to Dr. Lisa Comparini, search committee chair (email@example.com, 361-834-9335), or to Dr. Amy Houlihan, department chair (firstname.lastname@example.org, 361-825-2971).
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Instructor--Social-Work_R-035411