Associate Director of Financial Aid
Associate Director of Financial Aid
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Associate Director of Financial Aid position. The Associate Director is responsible for the administration of all Federal, State, Institutional, and Private financial aid programs, and providing college-wide leadership for student financial aid services in coordination with the other financial aid administrators. The Associate Director serves in a critical role to support the College mission in providing student access to higher education.
*This position has College-wide responsibilities and requires travel between all campuses and off-site locations.
*This position requires the PA Child Abuse, PA State Police and FBI Fingerprinting clearances.
*Following Governor Wolf's announcement on March 30, the selected candidate will work remotely until further notice. As the College re-opens the campuses, the selected candidate will transition to on-campus work.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required, Master’s preferred.
- At least 3 years of progressive financial aid experience required.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid.
- Experience in supervision and personnel practices, training methodologies and communication techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with students, the public, College community, and external constituencies.
- Experience using integrated higher education student information systems.
- Ability to resolve problems and to develop relevant alternatives and recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in quality assurance in regards to customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to recognize departmental priorities and work cooperatively to support their accomplishment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive public relations for the college, and to interact effectively with a variety of people.
- Cultural awareness and competency demonstrated by working with and/or understanding of individuals of diverse identities such as socioeconomic level, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, and veterans including those with different levels of academic preparation, varying physical and learning abilities.
- Able to work independently and as part of a project team to meet deadlines.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical problem solving resulting in practical solutions for implementation.
- Understanding of Community College philosophy, practice, and populations.
- Ellucian Colleague experience preferred.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College of Distinction, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 19,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College has been named as one of the top 60 employers for 2019 in Pennsylvania by Forbes and as one of the Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges in the nation for four consecutive years by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) for its commitment to diversity through inclusive learning and work environments, student and staff recruitment and retention practices, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities. Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 2/28/2021.
About Montgomery County Community College
For more than 55 years, Montgomery County Community College has grown with the community to meet the evolving educational needs of Montgomery County. The College’s comprehensive curriculum includes more than 100 associate degree and certificate programs, as well as customized workforce training and certifications. Students enjoy the flexibility of learning at the College’s thriving campuses in Blue Bell and Pottstown, at the Culinary Arts Institute in Lansdale, and online through a robust Virtual Campus.
As an Achieving the Dream Leader College of Distinction, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to remove barriers to access, improve learning outcomes, and increase completion for all students. The College also is recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, community service and service learning opportunities, and use of classroom technology. For the fourth consecutive year, MCCC has been named one of the Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges in the nation by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development for its commitment to diversity through inclusive learning and work environments, student and staff recruitment and retention practices, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities. For more information, visit https://www.mc3.edu.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.