Nursing Instructor (11-month)
Full-time (11-month) faculty position to teach in SFSC's Nursing Education department. Alternate hours and clinical rotations (nights and weekends) required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides learning in the teaching discipline and related courses at various campuses and centers.
- Assists in curriculum development, creating learning activities and implementing assessment and planning.
- Works a basic work week of forty (40) hours which includes classroom instruction, office hours for student conferences, preparation/research and other professional activities.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, college-wide academic meetings, and official functions scheduled by the administration. Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Evaluates student learning outcomes and objective achievement, maintaining and reporting information as prescribed by college policies and procedures; supervises students and resolves classroom problems.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and current knowledge of developments and teaching strategies in the discipline/program areas taught.
- Participates in professional development activities including, but not limited to: workshops and conferences; membership in professional organizations; self-improvement course work and activities.
- Participates in and supports faculty and student activities. Maintains good relationships with community agencies and groups, participating when appropriate.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Educational: Master's degree in Nursing required; Prospective applicants with a Doctorate in Nursing and a Master's degree in a related field will be considered on a case by case basis.
Experiential: Post-secondary teaching and distance learning experience strongly preferred. A minimum of two years of clinical experience as an RN required.
Other: Must possess (or have ability to obtain prior to employment) a current Florida RN license.
Instructional Supervisor: Director, Nursing Education
Posting Date: January 26, 2021
Starting Salary: Master's degree-$47,560-$53,267; Master's + 30-$49,490-$55,429; Doctorate-$53,059-$59,426
Application Review Begins: March 30, 2021
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State
ATTN: Human Resources Director
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com