The American Association of University Women (AAUW), a gender equity advocacy organization, is one of the nation’s leading voices promoting equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States.
Summary Description: The Program Officer, Fellowships and Grants manages, develops and assesses an assigned portfolio of AAUW fellowships/grants programs and coordinates activities in collaboration with fellowships staff and other AAUW departments. They provide oversight and supervision to a Program Assistant in the execution of these duties.
Essential Duties: Oversee the annual management and implementation of all processes and related functions for assigned fellowship/grants programs.
- Manage the recruitment of fellowship applicants and targeted fields; collaborate with Communications Team on the development and dissemination of online promotional information.
- Develop annual online fellowships and grants application materials and engage with contractor management team.
- Manage and program selection and review panels, including recruitment and appointment of highly qualified panelists, develop orientation materials and plan online review and selection process.
- Lead administration of assigned programs including awards notification, stipend disbursement, contracts execution and mid- and final-year report submission.
- Assist in the development of budgets for assigned programs. Manage twice-yearly stipend expenditures in collaboration with the Finance Team.
- Manage the day-to-day engagement and correspondence with awardees regarding policy, academic or contract issues.
- Establish program timelines and plans to meet annual goals and objectives for program implementation.
- Prepare reports on policy issues and program updates for department and organizational needs.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the fellowships & grants team, AAUW colleagues and members to build relationships and deliver exceptional value to awardees, donors and external networks.
- Manage the work of the Program Assistant.
- Perform other related/comparable duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum BA/BS degree.
- Minimum 4-5 years directly applicable work experience in program/grants management, and/or fellowships/award administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fellowships/award administration, including current best practices in online management, recruitment, review and selection.
- Demonstrated skills in budget monitoring and financial oversight.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and staff development.
- Proficiency with technology and databases including but not limited to Office 365, Zoom, Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of higher education equity issues and education funding.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and implement successful strategies to build and improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to inclusion and equity.
- Clear understanding and commitment to AAUW’s mission, goals and objectives.
Compensation & Location
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000 contingent on relevant experience. During COVID, this position can be worked remotely with DC, MD, or VA as the tax withholding state of record. However, when AAUW’s office re-opens, the incumbent will be required to work at AAUW headquarters in Washington, D.C
Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com. Indicate position title, Program Officer, Fellowships and Grants, in subject line.
Apply for Program Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly