Learning and Development Manager
The Williams College Office of Human Resources seeks a dynamic, collaborative, and service-oriented professional to serve as a key member of the HR team. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Employment and Staff Development, the Learning and Development Manager strategically plans, designs, markets, and presents a robust staff development program that cultivates a culture of learning at the college. This is done through formal and informal needs assessments, continuous relationship building, and ever-expanding knowledge of the campus climate. The incumbent will work closely with departments and individuals to develop tailored programming specific to those needs, as well as individual consultation and coaching with employees and supervisors on myriad employee relations and professional development issues. This is a highly collaborative role that involves direct contact with employees, managers, and stakeholders across the college, and external vendors/partners in the learning and development community.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff and to creating equitable and inclusive environments so that all members of our community can thrive. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion, as well as with regard to age, experience and education levels, ability, and more. In their cover letter, applicants should highlight relevant experience with supporting and working with a diverse employee community in the areas of learning, training, and organizational development work.
For optimal consideration please submit resume materials by March 1, 2021. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Job group 2-E. Salary begins in the mid-$60,000s, commensurate with experience.
Learning, Training, & Staff Development:
- Design, develop, coordinate, and deliver professional staff development programming for staff, supervisors and leaders within the college.
- Devise programming based on initial and on-going needs assessments with diverse and broad range of constituencies on campus. This may take the form of structured listening tours with departments, individual conversations with staff, and/or formal survey tools, and includes actual presentations directly to audiences.
- Cultivate a cadre of external trainers, subject matter experts, and executive coaches to contract with as needed.
- Coach and counsel staff and managers one-on-one to enhance their effectiveness and support continuous improvement in process and relationships. Suggest relevant tools and techniques where appropriate. The incumbent should be experienced and skilled in serving diverse populations
- Lead and oversee performance management for the college.
- Maintain, update, and train leaders, supervisors, and staff on performance management tools.
- Consult with supervisors and department heads to roll out annual performance management processes.
- Offer and provide internal consulting support related to change management, restructuring opportunities, and other organizational improvement initiatives.
- Create, maintain, and support successful partnerships and promote and foster collaboration and teamwork. Serve as departmental liaison to the Staff Advisory Council.
- Plan and collaborate on developing a rich quarterly “Get Connected” program to further acclimate new staff to Williams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least three years of directly relevant experience (see below), or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Experience with the adult learning process and instructional design techniques, performance management processes, and coaching employees and managers around performance issues is required
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills including effective time management and timely follow up Ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands.
- Understanding of, commitment to, and demonstrated cultural competency in providing services to a diverse and inclusive community, are essential.
- An “out of the box” mindset with a proactive eye for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team.
- A demonstrated customer service or service leadership approach and mindset.
- Outstanding listening and influencing skills and the ability to cultivate trust and credibility among various constituencies
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail; keen ability to multitask and prioritize work deliverables as needs evolve
- Certification in DiSC, MBTI, or other assessment tools are highly desired.
- Familiarity with learning, training, organization development systems is preferred
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with easy access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The college is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff, and curriculum. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown