Academic Success Specialist
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Academic Success Specialist.
The Academic Success Specialist assists with implementing the daily operations of the Academic Success Center (ASC). The primary function of this position is to maintain quality academic support to ASC patrons, as well as to coordinate the Tutoring program and the Structured Learning Assistance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and integrate the Franciscan values of community, learning, reverence and service
- Coordinates the Tutoring program and the Structured Learning Assistance (SLA) program
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating and supervising ASC Tutors
- Assists in hiring and training of Structured Learning Assistance Coaches
- Oversees scheduling and personnel folders for ASC Tutors/SLA Coaches
- Communicates with faculty and staff regarding SLA opportunities to develop, implement, and sustain student success programs
- Provides assistance in testing area
- Facilitates and develops ASC workshops
- Assumes duties of other ASC Staff in their absence
- Assists with scheduling of appointments (tutoring, testing and workshops)
- Collaborates with other staff in collecting data and preparing statistics for the annual report
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Must be team oriented
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of current software packages
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well with people and be committed to providing a nurturing approach to learning
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here. EOE