Associate Program Director, Pediatrics Residency at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
The Pediatrics Residency Program (PRP) is the core graduate medical education program at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital. The PRP prioritizes educationally-driven, individualized clinical training and incorporates innovative curricula focused on leadership, health systems science, healthcare disparities, and more. The PRP is led by a Program Director, in collaboration with Associate/Assistant Program Directors, Program Coordinators, and core faculty. The PRP is supported by the Office of Medical Education and Vice Dean’s Office, with oversight and collaboration with the Designated Institutional Official, Vice Dean, and the Associate Deans for Administration and Research.
The Associate Program Director (APD) is a vital part of our program’s continued innovation and growth. The APD provides leadership and direction related to the residency curriculum and serves as a core faculty member and mentor within the program. Individuals who can contribute to our program's diversity through their teaching, scholarship, and/or service to the institution are encouraged to apply. The APD reports to the Program Director and designated institutional official. The APD will be a board-certified pediatrician with a record of academic scholarship and hold a faculty appointment with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Chair, Curriculum Committee
- Lead initiatives related to curriculum development, evaluation and improvement
- Ensures compliance with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and American Board of Pediatrics regulations
- Participates in the ACGME Program Self-Study
- Oversee the case conference series
- Member, Program Evaluation Committee
- Member and Faculty Advisor, Clinical Competency Committee
- Review trainee assessments and assign milestones
- Determine need for and plan trainee remediation or advancement
- Conduct semi-annual review with trainee
- Faculty Advisor, Pediatric Academic Colleagues and Communities (PACC) learning community
- Core Faculty, Leadership Executive Academic Development (LEAD) curriculum
- Core Faculty, Wellness, Reflection, Advancement, and Professionalism (WRAP) Week
- Core Faculty, Patient Experience Week
- Member, Residency Recruitment Committee
- Clinical time in specialty
Additional expectations include:
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of JHU SOM/JHM, JHACH, the Office of Medical Education, and Pediatric Residency Program
- Promotes a culture of innovation and commitment to academic growth
- Promotes a culture of excellence, inclusiveness, and positivity in the clinical learning environment
- Promotes recruitment and development of a diverse leadership team, core faculty, and trainee cohort
- Provides effective leadership and mentorship to core faculty and trainees
- Demonstrates clinical excellence in specialty
- Actively and regularly participates in leadership meetings
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and professionalism
The APD must be a board-certified pediatrician with a record of academic scholarship. Graduate medical education administrative experience preferred.
Include CV and letter of interest in the application.
Additional inquiries should be directed to Kristine Kirstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Petersburg