Part Time Substitute Teacher Assistant
Position Type Administrative Appointment Classification Title Teacher Position's Functional Title Part Time Substitute Teacher Assistant Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
1. Assist the teachers, in the classroom you are working, to implement an age appropriate, success oriented, and developmentally appropriate curriculum meeting all NAEYC requirements. Work as a team with the teaching team, and Lead Teacher to design an environment and activities to meet the need of individual children while remaining responsive and aware of group needs.
2. Follow and maintain daily routines and schedule for all individual children in the class. Maintain classroom management by being on the floor engaging all children in play, especially during routines such as diapering and feeding times. Create a warm and accepting environment for children, families, students, volunteers and community members. Follow all DCFS standards.
3. Insure the safety of the children in assigned group, inspecting indoor and outdoor toys and equipment daily. Assure that all children are supervised by sight and sound at all times.
4. Maintain awareness of allergies and medical conditions. Administer medication as trained.
5. Maintain ratios at all times, even if that means being asked to cover in another classroom to maintain ratios during naptime, at the end of the day or the beginning of the day.
6. Eat with and assist children in development of social and self-help skills, and sound nutritional practices. Use and teach children Family Style Meal Service
7. Maintaining classroom ratios when teachers are having supervision or planning time.
8. Cover classrooms for napping children during outside or gym time.
9. Change children’s diapers and or assist with toileting. Serve and feed children in the absence of their primary teacher to maintain continuity of care
10. Assist with all classroom procedures, including washing hands, doing laundry, tooth brushing, and all other health and safety standards.
11. Float between classrooms as needed within the Family Development Center, to best ensure quality of care.
20% Other Responsibilities
1. Abide by program philosophies on parent involvement and parent participation.
2. Document all important communication with families.
3. Assist in completing all required documentation and reports and submit in a timely manner.
4. Comply with regulatory health requirements, a pre-employment physical and lift test; proof of MMR and DTAP immunization and initial TB test, annual physical exam.
5. Attend all meetings as required.
6. Attend trainings and complete coursework as required.
7. Adhere to all plans, policies and procedures of Governors State University, Family Development Center, DCFS, NAEYC, Early Head Start, and ISBE .
8. Attend all other related meetings and trainings as requested.
9. Proactive Leader – Works well without close supervision and demonstrates initiative
10. Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly
Multiple positions are available.
HS Diploma, detailed knowledge of DCFS, EHS, NAEYC regulations
60 credit hours, 6 credit hours in Early Childhood Education/Child Development
Posting Date 06/10/2021 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number AP0248P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5786 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- List of References
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification/Professional License
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Park Forest
- Teacher Education Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Park Forest
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Park Forest
- Human Development & Family Sciences Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Park Forest