Responsibilities will include painting, pressure washing, plumbing,
electrical, locks, and basic drywall repairs.
Candidates should be highly motivated and have the ability to
fluently read, write English for safety and productivity reasons.
Proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all
assigned work is essential. The position requires a High
School Diploma/GED. Extensive hours and weekends will be required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Performs work order & preventive maintenance services.
- Event set-ups and break-downs.
- Assists other maintenance staff as needed in painting,
plumbing, masonry, carpentry, floor and ceiling tiles, or any other
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs and performs scheduled
- Reads and interprets work orders to perform required
maintenance services and maintains fork order log.
- Provides on and off hour emergency response, including
repairing equipment, stabilizing damages and requesting support
personnel as needed.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls using carpentry, masonry and
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance on facilities
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Performs miscellaneous and other job-related duties as
- Proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all
- Ability to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and FMU
faculty and staff handbook.
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum
3ft). Ability to work in different environmental working conditions
(e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain).
- A strong independent and collaborative worker as well as
physically robust. Ability to work in a standing position for long
periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Reach, bend, stoop, push and/ o r pull-up to fifty (50)
- High school diploma/GED; or equivalent work experience.
Vocational certification or associate’s degree preferred.
- Must have experience using reading technical designs and
- Proficiency using plumbing tools, materials, and equipment.
Expert knowledge in piping and ventilation systems.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends
- Customer Service skills. Excellent communications and
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity