Maintenance Mechanic I
Responsibilities will include painting, pressure washing, plumbing, electrical, locks, and basic drywall repairs.
Candidates should be highly motivated and have the ability to fluently read, write English for safety and productivity reasons. Proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work is essential. The position requires a High
School Diploma/GED. Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Performs work order & preventive maintenance services.
- Event set-ups and break-downs.
- Assists other maintenance staff as needed in painting, plumbing, masonry, carpentry, floor and ceiling tiles, or any other duties.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs and performs scheduled maintenance repairs.
- Reads and interprets work orders to perform required maintenance services and maintains fork order log.
- Provides on and off hour emergency response, including repairing equipment, stabilizing damages and requesting support personnel as needed.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls using carpentry, masonry and painting tools.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance on facilities
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Performs miscellaneous and other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects.
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 3ft). Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain).
- A strong independent and collaborative worker as well as physically robust. Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Reach, bend, stoop, push and/ o r pull-up to fifty (50) pounds.
- High school diploma/GED; or equivalent work experience. Vocational certification or associate’s degree preferred.
- Must have experience using reading technical designs and blueprints.
- Proficiency using plumbing tools, materials, and equipment. Expert knowledge in piping and ventilation systems.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include working nights and weekends
- Customer Service skills. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens